The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

As an antidote for the stunt jeweliu pulled awhile back, I've come up with a story pitch for when our heroes finally get to the point where/when it's Fantasia 2000.

But first, let's see what we're going to expect.

For those of us who've watched Fantasia 2000, and those who've yet to watch it, or those who have before some time ago, but can't quite recall match (I once watched it, but I lost the tape when I was a kid, and I can't quite seem to recall much, so I'm going to need some help on this one), here's the summary:

Fantasia 2000 is introducing 7 new musical animations, based on the musical pieces that gave them life. Each of them will be introduced by different celebrities who've had the honor of introducing them, and they are:

1. Symphony No. 5 by Ludwig van Beethoven. Introduced by Deems Taylor.
  2. Pines of Rome by Ottorino Respighi. Introduced by Steve Martin and Itzhak Perlman.
  3. Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin. Introduced by Quincy Jones and pianist Ralph Grierson.
  4. Piano Concerto No. 2, Allegro, Opus 102 by Dmitri Shostakovich. Introduced by Bette Midler featuring pianist Yefim Bronfman.
  5. The Carnival of the Animals (Le Carnival des Animaux), Finale by Camille Saint-Saëns. Introduced by James Earl Jones with animator Eric Goldberg.
  6. Pomp and Circumstance – Marches 1, 2, 3 and 4 by Edward Elgar. Introduced by James Levine featuring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.
  7. Firebird Suite—1919 Version by Igor Stravinsky. Introduced by Angela Lansbury.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice is the only exception, since it was from the original Fantasia featured film. To save some headaches, I think it'd make sense of Mickey Mouse was with the heroes during the entire Fantasia 2000 story, and when Penn & Teller came up on stage to introduce the Sorcerer's Apprentice, through his new and improve mastery of magic, Mickey will play a magical record of his and the Equestrian heroes' previous mishap in Yen Sid's workshop. Later, at the end, then it cues Mickey and friends finding Donald, who was apparently taking a shower.

And for the firebird segment, well, it's apparent that at this point, the heroes have already gone through the story of James and the Giant Peach. So maybe when they encounter the firebird, not only will it bring back some unpleasant memories form the Rite of Spring, but perhaps the rhino that has haunted James as well.

But again, this is just a pitch I'm sharing, or suggesting, or whatever. No politics, or anything, what's so ever, like Jeweliu had previously suggested, and tried to make real, despite our objections. Now what do you think?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

'This' is the Fantasia 2000 I want to see, nothing to do with politics whatsoever. It should just be the way 'Fantasia' was meant to be: Our heroes to see these amazing worlds come to life through the power of music, and an opportunity for audiences to see different forms of animation in each segment. While I don't think we should repeat 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' (Unless we do the whole, 'copy and paste' method), I think it would be a great idea that Mickey Mouse had a 'guest starring' role in this feature and actually joined on all these adventures. We can 'keep' the Penn and Teller segment, but maybe we don't 'have' to repeat the animation from the 40s but rather add a completely new story into this.

As for 'James and the Giant Peach'... I've been reviewing Mr. Ribbert's list and I did not see that movie on there. So it had me thinking, is that movie actually going to happen? Or has that not been approved by Dino, after all? You might want to ask about that.

I'll definitely have more to say about this movie in a future thread.

Jeweliu may or may not be one of the many. Many who are like SJWs, Alt-right scumbags and the like who think that any form of entertainment was desolated or ameliorated is because of delusions of political horseshit (ex. Alt right bullies Brie Larson because in their stupidity, they think she looks down on these whiny male "snowmen" when she simply spoke of DIVERSITY to all seats).

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

All we know is that Jewel made a very big mess and now we have to clean up after he decides to spill the coffee. We told him long before he made the attempt that his ideas were not up to par with Dino's vision, even Dino himself said that wasn't his original plan. And did he listen? No... Instead he went AWOL, turned rogue, and tried to post the story in his own words thereby giving our trust the 'middle' finger. As far as I know, he is no member of our team nor does he deserve to be unblocked by 'anybody' because if I was the one who did that... You'd all would do the same and at least I'd walk away with a shred of dignity. I for one would never 'force' anybody to unblock me nor insist they can trust me again... I'm the man who would own up to my mistakes and 'earn' my forgiveness whether anyone gives it or not.

But, that was then and this is now. Even if we still have to wait a while before we even get to do this story, at least when Dino's vision for what he wants for this story comes to light I know with absolute certainty that it's going to be worth the wait. Because unlike a 'select few' who insist on being childishly excitable, I am smart enough to put my mind at ease and wait for as long as I need be if only under the fact it's what I do best.

cheerful9
Group Contributor

Me too. I wait patiently.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Anyways, as far as the thread for this movie goes, I might decide to release it as part of a double discussion with a Pixar feature that's supposed to come before it (Based on release dates). But that won't be for a long while. Although, since I might be going away on a trip in July, for the movies I planned to write threads for during those two weeks I'm away, I'll have to move them both with another film thread I planned for the week before my 2 week trip to Alaska.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6