The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 637 )
  • Viewing 501 - 550 of 637

Just watched Ms. Marvel Episode 3.

We learns that Kamala's great-grandmother is part of Clandestines or "Djinn" and they are essentially superhuman from another dimension but her great-grandmother and some Clandestine were exiled from their home dimension and are trying to get back to their home dimension, even betraying Kamala just to get their hand on Bangle so they can unlock their true powers as well despite the consequences of using the bangle to go back to the home dimension.

Sound like her mom was definitely keeping the secret the entire time.

And oh yeah, Kamala's grandmother call her up as she told her to come visit her at Karachi after seeing a train in her vision like Kamala did and to bring her mom as well despite the strained relationship between Kamala's mom and Kamala's grandmother.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We are definitely getting an answer of sorts in some form, even though it does seem to raise more questions as a result of which. There is no denying that those who pursue the truth may not like what they have to hear. And now seeing these 'additions' of sorts involved in one girl's life only further tips the scale of her otherwise great struggle just trying to fit in while being herself. Among many questions raised are what 'more' there is to discover now that one element has been brought into the light. And ultimately, how will this further affect the protagonist's journey moving forward?

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Those djinn almost gave me Eternals vibes. Like they're from somewhere else and they cannot return and have been around for a long time and such

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

There's definitely some question as to how they are and where they stand in terms of whether they are 'good'... or just very desperate. As we've seen, they are desperate to achieve some form of goal and they are willing to harm anyone even if the people they hurt have no business with these people in general. Does put things into some perspective on the nature of 'Djnn', as we've seen there are the good ones like Aladdin's Genie and Jeannie, but then there are those who can be sinister in nature... like that 'Wishmaster' demon and his sick taste in granting wishes with unexpected consequences.

Ms. Marvel Episode 4!

Here's a shocker.

We learns that Clandestines are trying to break the Veil of Noor, which separates the Djinns' dimension from the human world, in order to expand and take over but in order so, it would destroy our dimension for good.

Beside that, Kamala and her mom travel to Karachi so Sana (Kamala's grandmother) can discuss with Kamala and explains about the bangles as well the train from the vision.

She also encountered with a vigilante who called himself Red Dagger as well.

During the fight scene, Kamran's mom strikes a blow on Kamala's bangle, sending her into a vision of the night of Partition, where various Pakistanis are about to leave the country via train.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Something's definitely building up following the events of this one episode. But whatever these visions have to offer, there's definitely more to what's going on.

Watched Ms. Marvel Episode 5 and this one might be controversial since it deal with real event.

Aisha actually didn't want to abandon her family as she loves them but unfortunately, she sacrifice her life in order to hold off Nanjima and Clandestines and is stabbed by Nanjima for betraying them.

But before she died, she uses the bangles to bring Kamala to 1947 Partition of India in order to help young Sana get on the train with her father and thus, Kamala realizes she was the one who helped her grandmother on the train. (Kind of ironic that the girl whom the family look down or have issues with was the reason they're here)

Oh yeah about the Veil of Noor... you can't touch it or get close to it or else you will reduced to skeleton as Nanjima and one member learned that the hard way. (Although, like Aisha, Nanjima gives her powers to Kamran who despite being betrayed by his mom, still looking for her while still on the run by Damage Control)

The next episode (which is finale) will set up Ms. Marvel's involvement in upcoming The Marvels movie like WandaVision did with Monica Rambeau.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's because of these real events that folks 'need' to be aware of how bad everything was. Life on our planet wasn't all sunshine and unicorns. For all the good and progress as a race we've brought to this planet, we've also had our share of regrets. In our anger and paranoia or whatever negative reason, other people got hurt because of what we wanted to happen. Many families were either torn apart or forced to leave the only home they've known because of the controversy surrounding their lives. And just when we thought we've learned from our mistakes whether in our own country or other areas of the planet, we regrettable end up still repeat those mistakes over and over again... just as we have bared witness on today's news.

And now, what was once just another country of people going through their daily lives... now it's just going to be a walking museum and remembered only for this one traumatic event rather than any local businesses or the celebrities who grew up there or even 'any' lush landscape it might have. Because humanity 'made' it that way.

I can't believe this is second time I watched both MCU movie and Disney+ show on the same day, I got back from watching Thor: Love and Thunder (I love it) and now, sixth episode of Ms. Marvel and how it sets up her involvement for upcoming The Marvels movie which will hit July on the next year.

It was heartwarming that the entire community was willing to stand up for Kamala when Damage Control folks try to arrest her.

And yes, she receives her costume from none other than her mom! And unlike the first episode, she accept it!

Kamran does not die and ends up living in Pakistan with Red Dagger.

Although, the last scene may be the biggest controversial change for Ms. Marvel cause unlike in the comics where she's an Inhuman, Bruno says unlike others, Kamala have a different gene and that she have a mutation which means that she might be Mutant like X-Men one.

The mid-credits scene shows Kamala's bangle suddenly cause her to swap places with Carol Danvers who is wearing a new costume as she look confused which is a good way to tie in with upcoming The Marvels. (I had a feeling that this scene might be from The Marvels movie and we probably going to find out what was Carol doing before Kamala's bangle swap places with Kamala.)

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Sounds like I should definitely see that episode. I don't follow a 'ton' of MCU related media in terms of the shows. But I will admit, this is one of those shows that grasped my attention. After all, it's not just another superhero show, but one surrounding a culture we don't really pay much attention to because we just assume only that one thing. And I'll admit, this character has grown on me.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Yes this was all amazing to watch, and what a finale.

The way the people rallied with Kamala reminded me of when in the first Spiderman movie on the bridge, the people of New York came to Spidey's defense against Green Goblin

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It just goes to show how one superhero can make an impact on the people. And even if a whole city can be crazy at times, true humans stick together no matter what. Especially if they'd do the same for each other.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Not sure how interested I am in a project such as this. But anyone who follows the Guardians, particularly this one character, I am certain they'll have a good time.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

This should definitely be 'interesting'... the good kind at least. Could be a rather enjoyable experience.

Just watched first episode of She-Hulk.

This episode is mainly a flashback episode where Jen (doing Breaking the Fourth Wall to the audience) explains how she becomes She-Hulk in the first place.

Apparently, the sight of an alien ship from Thor: Ragnarok cause Jen and Bruce to get into car accident where Bruce accidentally spills his gamma blood to Jen when her arm are cut open.

After that, Bruce take her to Mexico where he helps her with Hulk stuffs but despite him saying she's a superhero, Jen doesn't want that life as she want to be a lawyer which lead to fight scene between her and Bruce before accidentally destroy his bar. (Although, they fix the bar up before parting ways on good terms)

At the end, when Jen presents her closing argument, they get interrupted by a woman named Titania who have super strength power (it doesn't reveal how she got her powers from but hopefully later episodes explains)

Oh! There's a mid-credit scene that finally put the running joke once and for all.

Whether or not Steve is a virgin and the answer is No because according to Bruce, Steve lost his virginity to a showgirl during USO tour in 1943.

So yeah, it's time to put that joke to rest.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I heard that show did premier but I was so busy doing other things I haven't had the time. I'll be sure to check it out when I get a chance.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

I thought it was a good opening, and I look forward to seeing how Jen copes with this new change in her life

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Jen may not have 'asked' to be a Hulk, but it's something she is going to have to learn to embrace. She may have felt settled with her desire of wanting to be a lawyer, but just because she'll now have this ability to become insanely strong through some form of rage it does not mean she has to give up 'everything' like Bruce did. Yes, her cousin did not have it easy before her time... but now it's Jen's turn to decide what to do with this gift. Sure it sounds like she has an extra weight on her shoulders, but she must remember this:

No matter how her life turns out, she is a Banner.

Just watched the second episode of She-Hulk and we learned where does it take place and a very interesting thing happens to Bruce. SPOILER WARNING

Jen becomes a celebrity but she loses her job after revealing herself as She-Hulk. Fortunately, she was hired by GLK/H as a superhuman law attorney and her first case is none other than Emil Blonsky aka Abomination who is played by Tim Roth who reprise his role from The Incredible Hulk (14 years since he last play the character)

We learns the show takes place around the same time as Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Awesome movie BTW) when Jen finds out that Abomination break out of the prison to participate in the Golden Daggers Club's fight with Wong who will also appears in the show. (So the show is set around 2024).

As for Bruce, he was apparently taking by a Sakaaran ship who tries to take him in the first episodeā€¦ so don't expect him being around for the future episodes (although, I have a feeling the post credits scene for the final episode would involves him and why a Sakaaran ship capture him).

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You really feel bad for Jennifer during this episode. In a way, I can understand how the struggle feels especially with trying to find a job due to certain 'conditions'. As for Bruce... what's happening to him seems to be building up to something. If it is not to take place during the events of this series, it's possibly foreshadowing that the company has plans for another Hulk movie given how long it's been.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Jen may have lost what she worked hard for but opportunity came back. Maybe not what she hoped but it came just the same

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It just goes to show that even if things did not exactly go the way as intended, fate has a way of surprising people when they least expect it. True, this level of lawyering is nothing the way Jen was planning especially since she now has the ability to become a 'Hulk' in a sense. Of course, just when it seems as though this first case may be a slight easy, recent events within that episode may say otherwise. The guy definitely has some 'explaining' to do if he still expects her to defend the case that he's more innocent than he's letting on.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Mighty Ducks Game Changers newest season trailer has been released

Just watched the third episode of She-Hulk that feature a certain sorcerer as well a special guest star.

We learned that it was Wong who forced Blonsky to left his cell in order to participate in Golden Daggers Fights which explains his appearance in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and Wong says he wanting a worthy opponent due to his status as a Sorcerer Supreme.

But despite this, Jen succeed in getting Blonsky parole with a condition that he's forbidden from transforming into Abomination.

And look like we are getting overarching storyline as Jen is attacked by Wrecking Crew who are sent by "Boss" in order to extract Jen's blood but they failed due of Jen whopping their ass and syringe doesn't go through Jen's hulk skinā€¦ Bruce was right about destroying the samples in Episode 1.

Oh! There's a post-credit scene where Jen is dancing in her office with Megan Thee Stallionā€¦ no doubt Twitter will go crazy for that scene. :rainbowlaugh:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

And 'that' is probably why I don't do a ton of camps anymore. Then again, that place makes going to Theatre Camp in FSU look tame.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Least there's some rational explanation that fits within the continuity of these events. Course, taking part in this particular case is one thing... it's where the She-Hulk goes from here that we're intrigued to determine how her story progresses. It only gets harder from here on out.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

It was good this episode tied into Shang-Chi, and now we got a plot rolling with someone interested in Jen

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

They're interested in Jen all right, but not the way she intended it to be. Say what you will about this recent phase of the MCU, but 'She-Hulk' is doing it's best to show that this is more than just another spin-off series because there's not a budget to have this a movie. But that being said, it's still tied to this new phase so to speak and what we are seeing thus far is only the beginning of what She-Hulk has to offer.

Just watched Episode 4 of She-Hulk with an appearance by Wong himself!

Wong is suing a magician who is using Mystic Arts magic since he's a former student who got kicked out for using the magic to bring his friend to Mystic Arts school.

The magician ends up got carried away with the portal and bring demon bats as Jen and Wong ends up stopping the demons.

Oh! If you still watching Sopranos, you better avoid it cause the girl give away spoilers to Wong, twice.

Jen finding a date but is struggling as no man want to date Jen but rather She-Hulk as despite having a good date, her date is more interested in She-Hulk than Jen.

At the end, Jen learns that Titania has been freed and is filing a lawsuit against her, having trademarked the name "She-Hulk."

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Something tells me that there's quite a set-up afoot. Just when we think a certain character was making a one time appearance, seems there's a much bigger role developing. But let's ask ourselves this: Is this really about one matter? Or is this really just an act of revenge?

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

It was nice seeing Wong again, and amusing him suing a former student of the mystic arts that was kicked out using their teachings for his stage performances. It's one thing for Zatanna of the DC universe to use her actual magic in her own performances, but that's because she's a competent magician compared to this drop out.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes, there's no mistaking that Zatanna is a competent magician (Not counting her role in DC Superhero Girls, but that's for comedic purposes... mostly). It's no wonder why Zatanna was the winner of her own 'Death Battle' against the likes of 'The Scarlet Witch' of all people. It's just a bit disappointing she doesn't get as much recognition despite her various appearances in the media. But who knows? Maybe her time will eventually come.

Then again, since this is a Disney thing... it's always nice to see Wong when he's not always the 'serious' guy. And he seemed to get along with that one girl, even though she's mostly a drunk valley-girl who loves parties.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I am definitely curious of how many shoutouts they will make on the previous feature film. I mean just when you think the witches were gone for good prior to the events of the first feature, they come right back.

Just watched She-Hulk Episode 5.

Remember the Titania girl? Well, she's basically Kim Kardashian or any influencers if they got superpowers as she was taking her revenge on Jen by trademark "She-Hulk" name with her beauty products and suing her. (Fortunately, Jen manages to win the case after having 4 dates as her witnesses and one of them admits he wouldn't date Jen since he prefers She-Hulk... although, Titania vows revenge on her again)

Oh! At the end of the episode, we got to see Daredevil's helmet which is paint yellow which set up his appearance in the show. Of course you knew this if you watch the trailer.

Apparently the episode he'll appear in will finally put the end to Marvel-Netflix Canon debate once and for all.

Apparently, if you get real close to stylized end credits sequence where Pug is looking at Iron Man shoes, you can spot Deadpool shoes, Cyclops shoes and Thing shoes which foreshadowing X-Men and Fantastic Four coming to the MCU.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Should be quite the episode overall. Hopefully fans will talk about the episode other than just the typical Easter eggs casually thrown in there. Storywise, the episode may not be for everyone. But in some way, we can relate to the situation happening in this occasion.

We got a wedding episode for She-Hulk! šŸ’’

Don't worry, unlike Ms. Marvel one. The wedding doesn't end in disaster as despite Jen's old friend insisted she doesn't turn She-Hulk at her wedding, she ultimately doesn't mind it at the end and let Jen be She-Hulk.

The only one who didn't have fun time at the wedding is once again, Titania. That girl just wouldn't leave Jen alone and she makes herself a buffoon when she tries to have a rematch with her only to break her teeth and embarrassing herself in the front of everyone.

Oh, there's an odd subplot where Nikki is helping Mallory with a case that involves a guy named Mr. Immortal (he have immortality and can't die) who is being sued by his spouses (one of them is a guy).

By the end of the episode, the show finally getting to the story as a web group known as Intelligencia have a personal grudge against Jen as they makes a death threat to Jen as we see their lab and it's implied that they are the one who sent Wrecking Crew to get Jen's blood sample.

Bruce did warn Jen that everyone would come after blood sample

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

When it comes to wedding episodes, you can almost expect anything big to happen... usually something pretty bad. I'll definitely need to see this episode just to see what all the fuss is about.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Overall it was a good wedding. Despite what Jen was subjected to by her cousin and the bridesmaids, along with Titania. And the immortal man just goes to show that power is a real double edged sword. Especially in terms of trying to live a normal life

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Pretty difficult to live a somewhat normal life when you are to live on forever with no means of facing severe injuries. He thought he could run away from each relationship because of a stirring fear within him. A fear of what exactly? A fear of confronting a matter that his partner, man or woman, would bring up? The fear of admitting that men like him will live on while everyone else dies around him? He wouldn't have been in that situation with the lawyers if perhaps he simply admitted the truth.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Just watched Opening season of Mighty Ducks Game Changers season 2

Aside from the fact Bombay left the series refusing to follow the Covid booster mandate, he was still mention when it was revealed he had to have the hockey rink that played a major role in the first season be completely refurbished after it was declared condemned. The gang now the new Mighty Ducks feel their summer vacation is going to suck. Until they get an invite to a hockey camp in California. So they pack their bags and head out.

Leading this camp is Coach Colin Cole a former NHL player played by Josh Duhamel. As soon as the team arrived he like everyone else is already skeptical and doesn't believe they're the ducks. No sooner after they all get unpacked into their rooms, the coach comes back and says they're not the real ducks they meant to invite. They were hoping to invite the former Ducks that made the gang feel like losers, and that they had to pack up and go, but they chose to stay and go through an opening training run where it's every player for themselves. Despite a rough training run, the mom who still manages the team was hoping to encourage them they can go home fearing this may be too much for them, but they're not throwing in the towel yet. Since this is just the beginning this hockey camp is really going to push them past their limits, test their skills, and challenge them. But it'll be worth the watch seeing them stand against all obstacles like they did in last season.

Another one from She-Hulk and this time, it's have to do with Tim Roth's Abomination!

While Jen try to get a text from her date Josh, she get stuck in Abomination's ranch after her car get destroyed by 2 of Abomination buddies and she ends up reluctantly participating in a group therapy session along with Marvel's C-List supervillains from the comics like Man-Bull, El Ɓguila, Porcupine and Saracen who is apparently a vampireā€¦ oh! Remember the one who attacked Jen in Episode 3? Well, Wrecker is participating the session, much to Jen's dismay and rage.

Those guys are less of supervillains and more of misunderstood outcasts who are rejected by the society and they sympathize with Jen when she admitted everyone prefers her as She-Hulk and not Jen and worried that's the reason everyone care about her.

They also convinces her of deleting Josh's phone number as well her feelings toward him since he's been ghosting her too much.

At the end of the episode, it was reveal why Josh ghosted her: he's a spy sent by Intelligencia in order to contain her blood sample to an unknown user known as "Hulk-King" who seems to be the leader of the group.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

In a sense, we can imagine some of the frustration stemming from this episode. Without even giving anything away, let's 'really' think about and try to understand where the cast is coming from. When I see this episode, I'm reminded of Sunny Starscout's issues in one of the new episodes of 'Make Your Mark'. She's still that same pony trying to convince the citizens of Maretime Bay to follow some form of cause, yet they initially dismiss her even if the benefits sounded reasonable. But soon as she turns Alicorn, they're only willing to do what she asks for that exact reason and 'not' because they suddenly care about the cause. It got so frustrating for Sunny, that even a villain (Whom she didn't even realize she was talking to) tried to 'encourage' her to embrace this alicorn side for the sake of having everything she wants. We thought Twilight Sparkle had it bad during her first time as an Alicorn, but it seems apparent with this situation that Sunny has it the 'roughest' and she's not even a full-fledged Alicorn.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Here's some new stuff to be expecting soon on Disney Plus. Two of these shows I haven't seen since Playhouse Disney

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yeah, 'Bear in the Big Blue House'. I used to love that show growing up as a kid. It was heartfelt, the songs were beautiful, and the idea of a house like that in the middle of the woods (A little simplistic but nice) almost made me 'want' to go to North Carolina. Then the setting expanded where it turned out there's a whole town, 'Woodland Valley', a few steps away from the house had that really nice small-town vibe (Albeit you do not get the neighbors who are constantly criticizing you and shit). I even liked that one female bear who was a cousin of Bear, she definitely had a sweet accent. I won't even forget the time they had a brief segment of it at Disney Studios for this little show thing dedicated to Playhouse Disney at the time.

The penultimate episode of She-Hulk and after being teased by trailers and tv spots, our favorite devilā€¦ no, not Mephisto. :ajbemused: DAREDEVIL!!!!

This episode is about a rich boy who filed a lawsuit against Luke Jacobson for a "malfunction" in the Leap-Frog suit Luke made for him despite the fact he was not supposed to put jet fuels in his boostersā€¦ he have She-Hulk as his lawyer but unfortunately for him, Matt Murdock came in and help Luke win the case since he's Luke's client.

Jen and Matt get along with each other and we got to see Matt's funny side as Jen constantly teasing him a lot.

Oh, he also reveals Sokovia Accords have been repealed which means all heroes don't have to worry about that accords anymore after Thanos' action in Infinity War render the accords moot.

Look like Jen is finally getting Female Lawyer of the Year award when oh no! Intelligencia have come to ruin her big day as they slut-shamed her in front of everyone including her parents which lead to Jen reach her breaking point as she let her anger consume her and start smashing the place before nearly killing one of Intelligencia guy but was stopped by Damage Control.

At the end, she unintentionally proving Intelligencia's point about her.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah, I definitely figured after that one 'teaser' on YouTube twenty-four hours ago there was no way it was going to be 'that' guy. But instead, it would be this one character who was actually teased not 'too' long ago, and their presence is being felt in this one episode. And as for what transpires, on one hand I do feel bad for what transpired. But the way our protagonist handled it... mmm. I don't even want to give anything away but as they say... that's going to make things a slight complicated going forward.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

It was nice seeing Matt again since No Way Home. He and Jen make quite a team. And the Sokovia Accords have been repealed? Last I heard they were still in effect during the events of Wandavision when Hayward had Vision rebuilt as a weapon. But that was in 2023 in MCU time, while today the year is actually 2025 in MCU time.

• Viewing 501 - 550 of 637