The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 637 )
  • Viewing 451 - 500 of 637
Wildcard25
Group Contributor

I thought it was a neat episode

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

I also watched new episode of Proud Family, and I think Penny should stop being friends with Dijonay. She once again proved she can't keep a secret and exposes personal news that ends up ruining someone and she feels no guilt at all.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... I've been questioning 'why' Penny is still friends with any of these guys.

1. Dijonay has always been unreliable.
2. Lacienega is just genuinely mean to Penny, unless they pull a huge twist that she 'actually' has a crush on Penny.
3. Sticky... well, he moved so...
4. Zoey... that depends. On one hand she's a loyal friend, other times she's not... I'm going to have to get back on her.
5. Maya... in some ways she and Lacienega are pretty similar. She clearly disliked Penny, yet 'somehow' she got in Penny's friend circle with 'no' rhyme or reason... I don't know.
6. KG... I mean for the most part he's pretty cool.

The one thing that they have in common is that whenever Penny's in big trouble, despite the fact it's usually her fault, they run away and leave her to solve it by themselves. I mean, what kind of group of friends would not have that one person by their back? Especially a group who have 'probably' known each other since they were kindergarteners or something?

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

I hear ya, when she really needs their help she's on her own until they swoop in at the last second

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Here's the newest on the up and coming Disney Plus series Muppets Mayhem:

Tahj Mowry joins previously announced cast member Lilly Singh in the series, which was first announced in March. The live-action show follows The Electric Mayhem Band — consisting of Dr. Teeth on vocals and keyboards, Animal on drums, Floyd Pepper on vocals and bass, Janice on vocals and lead guitar, Zoot on saxophone, and Lips on trumpet — as they record their first album ever.

Mowry will star as Gary “Moog” Moogowski. Described as a lovably awkward die-hard superfan of the band, he loyally follows them from gig to gig. Moog is an avid audiophile who knows his way around a mixing board. Since he is a walking encyclopedia of the band, he’s often able to offer advice or guidance to Nora (Lilly Singh) when she’s having trouble wrangling, communicating with or even understanding them. As Moog continues to work closely with Nora, he begins to hope that maybe she’ll see him less as a goofy sidekick and more as a leading man.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I mean I get that the show wants to explore Penny learning to handle her issues independently, whether she's the cause of her problems or not. But I feel sometimes the show needs to acknowledge she can't always handle her problems 'alone' all the time. Yes, she is growing up but just because we get older does not mean we are the wisest people on the planet.

That being said: I 'do' enjoy this show, I've been following it because I was curious to see where they'd go. Does the series have its hiccups? Absolutely. Aside from Penny's friends and the way they act at times, even Oscar 'irks' me at times. He's still funny, don't get me wrong. But sometimes the way the episodes portray him as so selfish or overprotective or questionable... sometimes I wonder if the show 'ever' learned from their predecessor at all.

Watched the new episode of Moon Knight and... TODAY IS MY 25TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂

I am officially 25 years old!

Now, let's get to Moon Knight, shall we?

Marc got more focus in this episode than Steven as Steven occasionally pops up throughout the episode until at the end of the episode where he with a help from Khonshu to briefly turn back the sky to find Ammit's tomb before Khonshu being imprisoned by gods.

The next episode is say to have the big twist that you will not see it coming and I am wondering what would be that twist that got people who got to see it early go bonkers about it.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Happy Birthday, and I watched it too

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Moon Knight has proven to be quite a fascinating watch. As someone getting to know this 'Moon Knight' character for the first time, turns out that this show was more entertaining and engaging than I pictured it to be. Just when it seems the circumstances are as the show stands immediately after this episode, I've got that sinking feeling something bigger is coming and I didn't even see the early footage. Whatever the case may be, I'm curious to see what next week has to offer for the one superhero with 'so many' personalities in that mind of his.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!! CODE RED!!!!

If you watch the new episode of Moon Knight… well, just says it will leave you dumbfounded and something I can't really explains it.

So spoiler ahead

First, the tomb of Ammit also the tomb of Alexander the Great… no… really. I ain't joking.

The big twist is… apparently when Marc got shot, he find himself in mental asylum and everyone he knew including Donna (his former boss) and Layla turn out to be patient there and they are crazy like him while Arthur Harrow happens to be a doctor who is trying to help him and look different.

Oh boy… this is going to be hard to explain it

The whole Steven Grant thing was Marc based his personality on a trashy Indiana Jones rip-off movie he watched and his life was apparently a lie? But Marc still sees all Egyptian stuffs including 2 sarcophagus and a hippo goddess named Taweret… yes… I can't believe I saying this!

The worst part? It's hard to tell at this point whether Marc is correct in his assumptions or if he's been just imagining the entire series like a crazy man.

You just have to watch the episode so you can understand what am I saying… oh shit! I now sounding like a crazy man! :pinkiegasp:

Next episode is going to be even more insane and I feared I might lose my mind on that one!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The events of this episode would almost seem to indicate the whole 'It was all a dream' kind of events. Everything by this point we thought we knew, seemingly not as it seemed. But the question is simple: Are what we see in this episode the truth? Or is this all another ploy to throw us off course? Until next week comes to offer some additional input, I cannot help but feel there's something missing.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Watched Moon Knight myself.

I also watched Proud Family, It's actually supposed to be a two parter. That's something Proud Family never did before. But in the first part we not only learn Sugar Mama's real name, but her side of the family as well. All we knew was she had a sister named Spice born with psychic powers. But after seeing her family in this episode it raises questions about the continuity.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... it does raise some continuity concerns especially since we're starting to see another side of a character that wasn't even covered in the original running series. That being said, it is 'interesting' to note that she had a family in Oklahoma, turns out her actual name has been long unknown to the rest of the Prouds, and yet it would explain how she got part of her tough nature from. Though I will say that I definitely don't like her father. Aside from the whole 'Tradition comes first' attitude, what I don't like is that sexist remark that she cannot compete in the rodeo even though she 'clearly' has the skills to pay the bills. It's no wonder she never wanted to come back to that Podunk town or want anything to do with that reunion.

Still, that family (Or at least the sheriff) wanted to invite the Prouds and 'even' Sugah Mama for a purpose and I doubt it was just for the food. Will the second part continue in Season 1 or will it carry over to the second season which they said has been approved? Either way, it 'is' the first time the 'Proud Family' has had a two parter episode (I think).

But I must ask you Wildcard: "Why" do you think it raises questions about the continuity?

Please use as much supportive evidence as possible.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Well Spice is Sugah Mama's sister, so makes me wonder if she was loved better by their Pa and brothers over her, did they approve of her psychic powers or when she left to become a celebrity which ultimately led to her using Zoey for a scam. Just trying to figure out how Spice stood in terms of their family, or if the series retconned Spice's existence on the show.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I would've forgotten about that. And if I'm going to be honest, I'm not certain if they know about Spice either. But suppose she was loved better by their pa, regardless if her abilities were approved or not. If we're to pretend that she still exists n the show, even she wasn't going to stay on the farm and decided to go to the big city to become a star. Or maybe in the end, she was just another sibling who the father didn't approve for having ambitions far beyond the rodeo life. For all we know, they won't even talk about her either.

The new Moon Knight episode is heavy and sad… :fluttercry: :raritycry:

We finally learns about Marc's past and… it's very sad.

Not only he lost his younger brother after unable to save him from drowning but his mother blames Marc for it and becomes very abusive toward him… her abuse toward him lead to Marc developing his dissociative identity disorder and creates Steven to avoid from an abuse from his mother.

Despite the abuses he got from his mother, her death is what lead to Marc and Steven started bleeding together.

:fluttercry: :pinkiesad2: :raritydespair: :raritycry: OH MY GOD!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY KILLED STEVEN OFF!!!!! He… sacrifice his life in order to protect Marc at the cost of his life as he was turn into a statue.

The most heartbreaking thing though? The scales finally balance after his soul is claimed, allowing Marc to pass through to the Field of Reeds. Fridge Sadness kicks in big time when you realize that no matter what, one of them would have to die for the other to pass on and unfortunately, Steven was the one to die. :raritycry:

Rest In Peace

Steven Grant

:pinkiesad2:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That's got to be one of the most messed up episodes I've ever seen. How this man could go through so much... and what we've had to see, what we didn't see...

You know, our parents often tell us that some people don't have it as good as we do. This person being one of them. Haunted by memories of guilt and regret, things that have been done but never wanted to be unveiled... and everything that we assumed we know going into this episode only to realize there's more to it than what we let on. How in some crazy turn of events turns out everything that happened all led to what made the events of this series possible.

But still, that ending... it's like the past has repeated itself again in some way. Which does beg the question: Is this 'really' how it ends? Or is it all leading up to something bigger?

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

So many more cameos, and it looks like some youthful boy finally grew up... in a bad way

Comment posted by Justin Mershimer deleted Apr 27th, 2022
Wildcard25
Group Contributor

From the very first trailer Dale says he got 3D plastic surgery or something. It's 2D Toons way of looking more live.

Oh yeah, you're right. And I just now know who you're talking about: Peter Pan looking middle-aged.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Yeah that was all very sad

Last episode of Moon Knight.

Warning: The Mid-Credits scene is a big spoiler… be warned.

Good news is Marc manages to rescue Steven as they are revived to kick Harrow, Ammit and their goons ass!

Layla got to be superhero and helping Marc/Steven in the climax.

Not to mention that Marc and Steven are freed from Khonshu! They can lived happy ever after with Layla! Right?

Bad news is… Jake Lockley is here and oh boy! Not only he's the most dangerous out of Marc's personalities but Khonshu appointed him to be next Fist of Vengeance as he kills Harrow/Ammit in cold blood.

Meaning Khonshu was lying about making Layla as his avatar.

Doesn't sound good for Marc and Steven. :twilightoops:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah, I still need to watch this episode but I'm definitely hearing things about it. Moon Knight may be among some of the best Marvel series that Disney+ has ever released.

Comment posted by Wildcard25 deleted May 10th, 2022
Wildcard25
Group Contributor
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Part lawyer... part superhero... oh yes! This should be remotely entertaining!

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

I just finished the Rescue Rangers Movie. And I loved it. Every second I was prepared to pause and rewind to catch easter eggs or cameos by others.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I will admit the trailers had me worried about how this movie was going to turn out. But after giving it a chance just the other day, I actually discovered that it was far decent than I give it credit for. True that the movie itself is 'far' from perfect, but what I do appreciate was how 'meta' the movie turned out to be. So many 'blink and you'll miss it' moments, how they poke fun at the animation industry (And ultimately motion pictures as a whole), and all the different styles of animation (Even puppetry). And of course, we'd get some surprising cameos from MLP and even studios 'outside' of Disney (Good thing they were just parodies or else the amount it cost to pay the rights to use them would've been INSANE).

Eat your heart out Space Jam 2. I'm also glad that Disney managed to let My Little Pony characters in, also updating their design (better than the trailer). Also, one ugly abomination managed to help our heroes from another ugly abomination.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Who'd have thought that 'Ugly' Sonic would find some form of use ever since he was replaced with a more 'appropriate' Sonic?

But what I find uglier, particular with a 'Sweet Pete', is the 'backstory' that goes 'beyond' this movie. Way back in the 50s... when an actor's life went straight to Hell.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Makes me wonder how he grew up but one of his boys did not.

As for the Mane Six and those other ponies. Why were they the size of Chip and Dale and not big enough to reach a human's waist line? I mean some could say they were portrayed as if they were pulled out of the TV, and just so Chip and Dale could ride them like actual steeds instead of a life size equine.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Unless this Peter Pan was actually 'programmed' to grow up at some point while there was never an adult diagram planned for the other boys. And if Peter was merely denied film opportunities because he was growing facial hair, there's this thing called 'shaving'. Unless he could no longer sound young, then that can't really be fixed.

As for the ponies, if they were measured to be equal the size of an average sized ponies then they would be taller. But it seems based on their animation, that was the size they were made to be. As if to suggest they are much 'smaller' than regular ponies. Otherwise, if they were bigger, the chipmunks could walk across their backs.

I wouldn't say programmed. Maybe...an early CIA experiment during the Cold Wars, possibly to test out on Toons to use on "foreign" Toons produced by certain ideologically-opposing parties? Given how much of the CIA work often involved using American civilians as test subjects during the Cold War, and that there was in fact a chemical composition designed to "kill" Toons...chances are a chemical cocktail to alter Peter Pan's own Toon makeup wouldn't be out of the question, though I imagine that they also would experiment in cloning to ensure that their involvement was kept secret and that Disney still could profit off the "Peter Pan" franchise for future generations.

Yeah. I think based on the height of their legs, the ponies could only barely reach an average full grown man when standing upright, let alone Twilight's human form. I mean, Celestia looks like she could be more taller than a man if stood upright.

You could say the same for Judy Garland. Those crooks at Hollywood thought she was unattractive and treated her like low. Yes, she was more successful in her adult career than Bobby, but she too led a disastrous personal life involving base and booze.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That's the sad reality to consider when thinking of these stars. We mostly remember them for their success, but we forget all the hardships they had to endure. And the most serious ones are those that don't often make the headlines.

Speaking of which, I hope Johnny Depp wins his case because we miss Jack Sparrow already.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... Jack Sparrow is missed. There are rumors going around about a new Pirates movie, but who's to say we'll be seeing him in that movie at this point?

Wildcard25
Group Contributor
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

A shame about what happened to 'Andor' during the events of 'Rogue One', those who saw that movie know what I'm talking about. But at least with this series we get to see the man as he was 'prior' to those events. How he ultimately became the rebel we'd come to know and what hardships he faced to get to where he is by the time the strike to recover the Death Star plans would commence. Should be quite a series.

Finished watching Ms. Marvel's first episode.

Unlike Moon Knight which is a dark show, Ms. Marvel is opposite of that as it's more lighthearted and more vibrant and it felts like John Hughes-type or any coming of age movies with a lot of family drama. (They did a good job with Pakistani the same way they did with Shang-Chi)

I like it and Iman Vellani is definitely Ms. Marvel cause she's embodiment the character the same way Robert Downey Jr embodiment Iron Man.

The power change is going to be controversial for comic book fans but I don't mind it as long it tell a story... also it would differentiate her from Mr. Fantastic who have stretchy powers.

BTW, Remember that agent that Peter and his friends have to deal at the beginning of No Way Home? Well, he's in the show and look like they are going to investigate Kamala Khan.

Overall, I enjoy it... although, those dumb Anti-SJWs folks are going to hate this show and post those dumb videos on YouTube. :ajbemused:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Sounds to me like the show is remotely promising at best. I'll have to decide whether or not I am motivated enough to watch.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Yeah I saw it too. I thought it was a good opening episode, and the girls family, especially the mom is starting to remind me of Mei's family in Turning Red

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah, she definitely fits the whole 'I disapprove everything my daughter does unless it involves advancing her career' thing. Is that one of those authoritarian parenting things? I forget which type of parenting that is.

I will say this... I did think the daughter was a little harsh on the Dad when he was having fun with this idea of cosplaying as the Hulk in a sense. Yes, she was mad at her mother because she made it so that was the only way she could go to Avengercon... 'and' dressing in a more appropriate outfit (Even as a 'Little Hulk'). Yes, there hasn't been a little Hulk... 'yet'. That just depends on if any of the Hulksters ever have a kid of their own despite all the risks.

Watched Ms. Marvel Episode 2.

Kamala's mother is definitely hiding a secret from Kamala and it have to do with Kamala's great-grandmother who is hated by the community as they said she brought shame to her family, even through they don't elaborate what kind of great shame she did but I have a sneaking suspicion about this.

You know the boy, Kamran whom Kamala has a crush on? Well, apparently he's not ordinary guy cause his mom says she has been waiting to meet Kamala for a long time.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

There's definitely something going on but of course they don't give it all away. But folks definitely know something our hero doesn't and I do believe it's going to play quite a role in future episodes. It's no wonder why that bracelet was tucked away in the attic by the mother's request (Well, more like a demand). I think she knows more about those trinkets than we gave her credit for.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Yeah Kamala's mom is definitely hiding something about her mother. And knowing how things are, whatever they think isn't really what they're making it out to be, and is a misunderstanding. At least I hope it's the actual case.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... that does beg the question. Did any of that stuff they've been saying about that woman actually happened? Or it only 'looked' that way when she had a 'legit' reason for doing what she did? After all, that's one of the hardships of being a superhero... especially a 'Marvel' superhero. For all your good intentions, people don't often give you the respect for your efforts to 'try' to save as many lives as possible. No, it's about pointing out the collateral damages, how families got hurt because of your actions, and that you should be leaving it up to the actual authorities rather than risking them being put out of a job because you make them look 'weak'. Those are the vibes I get with these characters.

Or 'maybe' the 'real' reason they make this woman out to be so bad... is out of protection? By saying all that stuff that's not true about her so as to protect her real reputation?

• Viewing 451 - 500 of 637