The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 10679 )
  • Viewing 2,401 - 2,450 of 10,679

Definitely the voice.

Also, I would be surprised you didn’t know about the facts about hyenas. These creatures are tough critters, I don’t mean by handle a couple of lions for competition for food. But their reproduction is said to be very painful to both parties that I won’t say much in the forum for fear of ruining the Lion Guards image.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh of course, hyenas are rather fierce creatures at best. They may seem funny when we watch them on 'The Lion King', for the most part, but they are actually very dangerous in the wild. You talk about being scared of dogs like rottweilers or pitbulls, but Hyenas can tear you to pieces if they ever caught up to you.

Eeyup, their jaws that able to crush bones is terrible enough as it is.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes for sure. Course you'd only see that kind of action on the 'Discovery' channel where they go into detail on how these animals operate. The cameramen are just lucky to be at a safe distance when they go about recording their hunting parties.

Very lucky indeed.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Anyways, if we think the hyenas are dangerous in 'The Lion King', the climate in the savannah alone can do a person away easily. Like in the vast deserts where there is not a trace of water or shade for miles. Especially walking all day exposed to the sun, I can see the ponies easily drop to exhaustion along with Simba in search for water. Not like the nights are any better... Because ironically it gets very cold sometimes.

I wonder what role will Zecora do in the story again? I doubt she will tag along with the ponies to be with young Simba in the exile. She probably stays with rafiki cause they’re shaman whatnot.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Some pony might end up staying behind in the Pride Lands to keep watch over how Scar's rule over the kingdom has a rather drastic effect on the inhabitants. Or if they are not willing forced to stay behind, at some point in the chaotic moments of the stampede, the group might've easily gotten separated and have no idea their friends are out there in the wild.

That's some of Mufasa's hypocrisy, if not, his bloodline's hypocrisy. Without the hyenas, who serve as the broom and dustpan of the Circle of Life, the Pride Lands would become a gigantic dirt bowl.

Jasiri proved him wrong though. Now that she's friends with Kion, it's likely that she and her clan are now allowed to visit the Pride Lands whenever it calls them to.

The Lion King
Discovery

Simba walks out on a ledge and looks up at the stars. The equestrians hung back looking very worried about him. The mention of his father still hurt ‘s his heart, including theirs. He then collapses to lay on the edge of the ledge. Milkweed floss is stirred into the air by his flop. With a sigh, everypony and dragon slumped backwards into the ground. This made some of their feathers, hair or scales to get caught up in the breeze along with the lion’s scent.

It crossed over the oasis and sailed across the desert for many miles over the dunes and arid savanna’s.

Rafiki's hand snatched some it out of the air. He sniffs it, grunts, and bounds down into his tree. He pours the milkweed, feathers, hair and scales into a turtle shell, sifts it around, and then eats from the same kind of fruit he anointed Simba with. Examining the evidence again, realization dawns on his face.

“Simba? Elements of Maelewano?” He exclaimed, he looked towards the smeared paintings “He's- he's alive? He he- They’re alive!” He laughs.

This woke Zecora who had been sleeping close by him. “What? Have you gone mad?” Zecora wearily yawned. “Or do you truly have news that are glad?”

“Indeed they have.” The mandrill agreed. “This is proof of their existence right here.” He gestured to the turtle shell. Zecora examined the contents. She is pleased to realize these are physical evidence of their existence. She recognized the magical aura invisibly flowing from them.

Rafiki grabs his staff. Laughing in delight, he picks up some paint and puts a mane on the smeared lion image on the wall.

“It is time!”

He and the zebra looked to the damaged paintings of the mane 6 and Spike. “Pongezi (Congratulations), Elements of Maelewano. You’ve all done your part well in keeping yourselves and our soul heir to continue living amongst us.” He looked over to Zecora. “What do you say now they’ve done their part, now we take part in this ourselves, Rafiki knows whats best for our king to face his past. The same thing goes to them also.”

She definitely agrees.

They all set off from the tree to find where they are now. Rafiki hopes the kings of the past, won’t judge him for this.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Zecora's line still needs to end with a 'rhyme' but otherwise I can see potential with this.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Robin Hood
Rainbow Dash says a pun/joke/dad joke, or whatever.

The crocodile captain then held his arms out to the rhinos, "Attention everyone!" unfortunately, his words fell on deaf ears as he was suddenly made into road pizza, by the stampeding guards.

"Sheesh, Prince John doesn't seem to pay them much," Rainbow Dash snarked. "They hardly paid any attention!"

"Do ho ho ho ho ho ho!" a couple of geezers laughed at the pegasus's joke.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Robin Hood
Lady Kluck plays football

"Everyone! Back to Sherwood Forest!" Robin shouted, as he took Marian by the hand and together they retreated into the forest with their friends.

"Wait for us!!" Fluttershy shouted, as she and her pony friends followed.

Upon seeing Marian running away, one of the elephants started to blow his trunk, only to be silenced by Lady Kluck.

Nevertheless, Prince John was alerted of Marian's escape as he shouted, "STOP THE GIRL!!" Next thing he knew, an arrow was shot and it hit the lion in the rear end, "OOOOWWWW-"

"Take that you scurvy knave!" Lady Kluck shouted, after hitting the lion on the head with the golden arrow.

Miffed, Prince John ordered, "Seize the fat one!"

[Ost: On Wisconsin]

With that, several of the rhinoceros guards got up as they charged after the hen.

Will (Capper) and Spike both screeched to a stop, "Come on! We gotta help her!" Spike shouted. But both he and the cat were surprised with what they saw next.

As if they're watching a game of football, Lady Kluck elbowed two of the charging rhinos out of the way, before she continued running, as if she was a professional football player.

More rhinos all lunged in for a tackle, but missed, "YEEEEE-HEEE!!" Klucky crowed, having slipped out of their grasps.

"Whoa! Are you seeing this?!" Spike asked, to an equally dumbfounded Will.

"YEAH! GO KLUCKY!" Pinkie Pie cheered, suddenly popping up from out of nowhere.

Nevertheless, the people of Nottingham all cheered for the hen as she continued to dominate the rhinos.

One of the rhino lunged forward in a tackle, but was met with a karate chop to the head from Lady Kluck, followed by another.

"Way to go, Chicken Lady!" Capper cheered, as he, Spike, and Pinkie Pie all did the Raise the Roof chant, "Whoo-whoo-whoo-whoo!"

"Take his head off!" A random elderly woman shouted.

Lady Kluck continued to run through the field, sidestepping to the right when a rhino made a lunge for her, but missed. She kept on running, then sidestepped to the left to evade another tackle. The hen was really dominating the game as all the rhinos tried but failed miserably to catch the fiesta hen.

"YEEEEEE-HEEEE!!!" Lady Kluck cheered.

"YEAH! You're the chicken!" Pinkie Pie cheered excitedly, when Capper's eyes widened.

"Uh, don't count your chickens before they hatch yet!" the cat pointed.

Lady Kluck kept on running, when she was suddenly grabbed by the pants from one of the rhinos.

The surprised chicken quickly leaped to the air, frantically flapping her wings to fly away, while revealing purple bloomers with pink polk-dots, until with a loud pop, she escaped from the rhino's grip and was soaring through the air.

With that, Will Scarlet started holding Spike up, as if he was a baseball mitt, "We got her!" The cat shouted, as he and the dragon ran out to the field to catch the flying hen. At the same time, one of the rhinos was running fast, in his attempt to catch her.

"We got her! We got her! We got her! We got her!" Capper repeatedly shouted.

Then, with a miraculous leap, Will leapt up to the air, and Spike snatched the chicken, just as the rhino almost caught her. The two merry men and hen watched as the rhino slid on the ground, before crashing into the boulder.

"YEAH!!!" The boys cheered, along with Pinkie Pie. "WE WON!!" With that, Spike, Capper, and Pinkie Pie all broke out dancing and chanting, "We. Are. The Merry Men. If we can't do it, no one can! YEAH!!!"

"Long live King Richard!" Lady Kluck cheered. "YEEEE-HEEE!!!"

In response, a volley of arrows were fired, "Uh oh! Time to go!" Spike shouted, as he and Will dived back into the woods, right when Little John poked out from behind a tree and snatched Lady Kluck and Pinkie Pie away, just as the arrows landed.

"Nah nah!" Pinkie Pie taunted. "You missed me, you missed me! Now you gotta kiss me~!" she sang the last part, while shaking her rear to further add injury to the guards' insult. With that, she took her leave.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Beauty and the Beast
Showing the heroes to their room(s)

The trip down the hall was long, quiet, if not scary. Everywhere the ponies, dragon, and Belle looked, they were met with frightful glances and sneers of terrifying gargoyles and statues that looked as if they could jump at them at any moment. Belle gasped in fright, upon being startled by a statue of a terrible serpent.

Looking in empathy at her friend's fright and sadness, Twilight held a wing out for Belle's hand, softly caressing the young lady's fingers with her feathers, comforting the terrified bookworm, "I'm sorry," Twilight apologized.

A few tears trickled from Belle's eyes as she gently stroked Twilight's soft wing in response, "It's not your fault, Twilight," she sighed.

While no one was looking, the Beast took a glance behind him to see just how frightened the friends are, "Say something to them," a voice whispered.

"I....hope you like it here," the Beast said to the friends hesitantly, before he added, "The castle is your home now, so you can all go anywhere you wish. Except the West Wing," he said sternly.

With that, the whole gang's curiosity was piqued.

Intrigued, Belle asked, "What's in the West–"

"IT'S FORBIDDEN!" the Beast said in booming voice, startling the group.

"Alright, alright, just...just chill out, okay?" Rainbow Dash ushered, to which the Beast snorted and turned around, resuming the trip. "Jerk."

"Now if any of you need anything, my servants will attend you," the Beast said in a tenderly voice as he opened the door, showing the friends the room where they would all be sharing.

"Dinner, invite them to dinner," the voice from earlier spoke.

Soon the Beast's voice returned to its angry tone, "You will join me for dinner," he ordered. "AND THAT'S NOT A REQUEST!" with that, the Beast took his leave, slamming the door behind him, leaving a terrified Belle to fling herself onto the bed, where she breaks down and cries.

Seeing her new friend cry was too unbearable for Twilight, and the pipes broke loose, causing the waters to flood the alicorn's eyes, as she walked over to console the woman, "Belle...for what it's worth, I am truly sorry," Twilight sobbed.

"Thank you, Twilight," Belle whimpered, as she wrapped her arms around Twilight and cried into her neck. Returning the embrace, Twilight wrapped her hooves around the weeping bookworm and continued to caress her wings across her back.

Soon, the rest of the gang all gathered around the two bookworms, exchanging condolences, comforts, and loves.

It would be a pleasure if you were to help me out. Rhymes and poems can be such a hassle and a pain to come up with.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

This woke Zecora who had been sleeping close by him. “What? Have you gone mad?” Zecora wearily yawned. “Or do you truly have news that are glad?”

Thank you, your help is much appreciated

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah just like this one. That's how you write Zecora... Unless she was severely sick like this one episode where she suddenly isn't rhyming, this trait must be kept on her at all times.

Zecora is very interesting character who only speak in rhythms. We don’t know much about her background, other than a potion-maker zebra from outside of Equestria borders.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That is true. In all the years Zecora has been seen on the show, we know next to nothing about her. Jim Miller himself 'wanted' an episode where the cast explores her kingdom, if anything to have a chance to understand her culture, if there are others just like her and possibly prove she's more than just the zebra who makes potions. But we never got that chance, for whatever reason either Hasbro just wasn't interested or the writers themselves just couldn't find the right opportunity. To think, years ago it was to be Zecora who would've been Twilight's mentor throughout the series (Even that one episode put that to the test) until ultimately Celestia retained that position.

Perhaps so, Zecora was very kind and patient to others, even ones who had feared of her appearance and odd culture and still show compassion for does who needs her specialty in forging of herbs and plants for her potions and medicine even share some wisdom.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That episode alone goes to demonstrate that you should never judge a person by appearances. Just because ponies like Zecora seem unusual or intimidating, when you take the time to see past their image and learn from their personality you might find the contents of their story are more important than the cover. Now granted there 'are' some people are who are unusual and scary not just in image alone and those people are rightfully the type not to associate with (Like some people I know a certain someone shouldn't be talking to given recent events).

But anyways, in the end while Zecora may not have had as much screen time as our 'mane' cast at least there's a few stories in the 'Disney Chronicles' where her skills can prove quite useful. But again, whomever is writing for Zecora in those stories need to check and make sure most of her sentences end in a rhyme. One can argue Zecora didn't do 'a ton' of rhyming in some of the 'Bride of Discord' videos, like that one scene when Discord spoke with Zecora for advice, but that's besides the point.

Indeed, doing the speech in rhythm is very tough one for creators to have thought of that. Plus, she does sound exotic when she talks like that.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If that was the idea, they certainly did a good job on Zecora's part. At least the writers did not have a situation where they had to find a word that rhymes with either 'orange' or 'purple', those are VERY difficult to pull off.

Yeah, see Zecora can top those words in her rhythms.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Maybe... Maybe...

Well perhaps if these 'Season 10' comics are legit and if we hadn't seen it done in the previous comics by now, maybe we'll get a chance to see more of Zecora's home when they eventually come out next year.

I hope so, I would like to see Zecora homeland for a long time now and new materials to write off.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yeah for sure. It would probably be on a continent far away from Equestria, much like Abyssinia or even Klugetown (Unless I recheck the map of Equestria's continent). Make no mistake that Zecora's home is nothing compared to the home the ponies are used to. A lush landscape with creatures that we only see briefly in later episodes of the series, pretty much off the grid of any modern conveniences, where danger lurks around every corner and yet some of the flora is rather beautiful to see. Every movie I've seen where we see the beauty and danger of the jungle life will greatly support what kind of home Zecora's land is. Hopefully they don't have to worry about poachers.

Indeed, Equestria is only the small part of the continent that there’s even more inhabitants that never seen in the open where ponies residences. For some like the Kirin, hippogriff, Minotaur and more that the ponies are rarely ever leave the safety of the home and not yet explore far beyond that is what else is out there.

Of course, danger in unknown territory is very need of caution, Even the most experienced travelers must be wary at times.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes of course. One can't simply just waltz onto someone's homeland even if they are just passing through. Nowadays, people get rather cautious when those outside their country step onto their turf not certain if they are friendly or have malicious intent. Call it a case of paranoia if you will, but trust is rather difficult to earn unless individuals are granted a reason to do so. It's just fortunate that in the case of the ponies, in the many years prior to the Legion of Doom fiasco, all the nations (For the most part are at peace).

Course Abyssnia and the Diamond Dogs still have their issues, but it's Cats and Dogs. Of course there are still some concerns.

Have they always been like the cat vs dog thing.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That's the trouble: I don't know the history between Abyssinia and The Diamond Dog colonies. I barely know much about Abyssinia apart from the fact that Capper was once an "aristocat" in that kingdom until he was driven away by The Storm King and forced to hide out in Klugetown after a brief series of unfortunate events (One of which was when his former best friend betrayed and left him to clean up a mess they made). I do know when it comes to cats and dogs, the most likely scenario is that they don't get along. Even if Spike were to succeed in working out some peace negotiations between the two kingdoms to prevent a war, it's not going to mean they have to suddenly like each other.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Robin Hood
Cadence bonding with Maid Marian and Lady Kluck. Takes place after the "Fortune Tellers" scene.

Meanwhile, back with Cadence, the princess alicorn was enjoying herself a nice spot of tea, with bread and butter, while being acquainted with Maid Marian and her lady-in-waiting, Lady Kluck.

The pink alicorn was just finishing telling the two ladies how she was separated from her friends upon her arrival into their world, "And that's how I got here," Cadence finished.

"Interesting," The vixen nodded in acknowledgement, while taking a few dainty sip from her cup. "This Equestria land you speak of sounds enchanting. Though, I'm afraid I've never heard of it."

"Nor I," the hen said in agreement. "And I'm sorry to hear you had a rough welcoming my dear. It must be terrible to be separated from yer friends like that."

"It's okay," Cadence frowned in concern. "Twilight's a strong little pony, and she's very resourceful. She takes really good care of herself and her friends. I just hope they're alright."

The vixen and hen both shared their condolences to the alicorn, before Lady Kluck asked, "If I may, what sort of mission are you here exactly?"

"Well, the Book of Disney I mentioned earlier," Cadence began. "It's hard to explain how or why, but I guess it told us to look for this outlaw, Robin Hood."

At the mention of the outlaw's name, Maid Marian immediately looked up, "Robin Hood?" she gasped. "He's not an outlaw! There has to be a misunderstanding! I've known him my whole life! He would never–"

"Marian, calm down child," Lady Kluck consulted to the vixen who composed herself. "What do you want with Robin Hood?" the hen asked the alicorn.

"Nothing. I don't want anything from him," Cadence replied. "The book just said he's a hero who robs from the rich to feed the poor. I'm guessing it just called us to help him." with that, both hen and vixen smiled in relief, knowing their new alicorn means well. "So, what's your deal with him?" Cadence asked Marian.

"What do you mean?" the vixen asked.

"Well, the way you reacted when I mentioned his name, the way you stood up for him, it's...it's romantic," Cadence smirked mischievously. Being the Princess of Love, the alicorn knows it's true love when she sees it, and is more than eager to dig a little deeper on the affair between the two lovers.

Blushing in response, Maid Marian chuckled as she explained, "You see, I've known Robin when we were kids," she smiled in nostalgia. "In fact, he was my best friend. He was so nice, so honest, so selfless, but was also very brave, though he was a little clumsy at times," she giggled, remembering some funny moments in their youth. "He is the love of my life."

"Aw," Cadence cooed, before she asked. "But then, what happened between the two of you?"

The vixen looked sadly at her tea, as she sighed, "It was several years ago when I left for London, with Queen Eleanor, the mother of King Richard and Prince John. It was the last I ever saw of Robin."

"And we just got back, right before you arrived," Lady Kluck added. "And a bad time two I might add. Because we had recently found out that Robin Hood has been deemed an outlaw with a huge bounty on his head by orders of Prince John."

"But he's not an outlaw!" the vixen said strongly. "He would never! Robin would never hurt anyone! I know it! There has to be some mistake...he'd never kill his own father out of spite for his land!"

"Marian, I believe you," Cadence reassured. "But still, we're not much help to clearing up his name if you keep insisting otherwise."

"I know, I know," Maid Marian sighed, regaining her composure as she calmed herself. "I just...I..I..I can't help but worry. I just wish I could do something to save my darling. I just wish my uncle, King Richard was here to fix everything."

Just then, the sound of a trumpet was heard, "Oh, he's here!" Marian gasped, before she and Lady Kluck took off running back into the castle.

"Who's here?" Cadence asked, before arriving at the grand hall of the castle.

"Announcing the arrival of his majesty! Prince John!" The announcer shouted.

The doors opened up to reveal some rhinoceros guards, carrying a dishelved anthropomorphic lion, wearing an oversized crown and a white long john, covered in mud, while sucking on his thumb.

"That's Prince John?" Cadence asked, turning to see Maid Marian and Lady Kluck looking bewildered at the state the lion was in.

"Whoa," Lady Kluck chuckled, upon seeing the state Prince John was in. "What happened to you?"

"I've been robbed, what's it to you?" the lion grumbled, before he resumed sucking his thumb, but quickly spat it out to reveal, "I've got a dirty thumb!"

Then, slithering by the lion's side, is a displeased snake with a broken mirror around his neck, "I warned you," He grumbled. "I warned you. But did you listen to me? Oh no, you're all 'Poppy cock! Female bandits? What's next? Rubbish!' Well it's always the same, I try to warn you about bad ideas, but did you ever listen to me?"

"Oh, shut up, you miserable serpent!" Prince John roared, before he jumped out of the grips of the rhinos and angrily chased the snake around the castle halls.

"Temper, temper!" Sir Hiss shouted. "Remember! This is your mother's castle! Think of your mother! Think of your mother!"

Maid Marian couldn't help but giggle at the prince's misfortune, "Oh, what has my darling done this time?" She asked, while finding herself lost in a loving trance.

"Huh, she's got it real bad, hasn't she?" Cadence smirked in amusement to Lady Kluck, who shares her amusement.

"Ay, she's got it bad lassie," Lady Kluck winked. "Twitterpated is serious business."

"Oh, Robin," The vixen swooned, clasping her hands together, with imaginary hearts floating around her.

The common element in both Robin Hood 1952 and 1973 classics? They both have Maid Marian leaving for London for some reason.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Robin Hood
Nottingham – First Scene

Somewhere in Nottingham

"Good heavens!" Jiminy Cricket shouted, upon witnessing the state Nottingham was in. Everywhere he looked, the town looked as if it had seen better days. Long story short, it looked almost like a ghost town.

The whole town was painted a dreary bleak of grey. Many buildings were boarded up. A lot of trees were dried up and dead.

The cricket kept on hopping down the miserable streets of Nottingham, before he stopped at a tree, where a wanted poster of a certain outlaw was posted, reading: "Reward £ 1,000 for capture of Robin Hood."

"So that's the heroic outlaw you've been talking about," Jiminy whistled. "1,000 pounds. That's a lot of money."

Alan could only laugh in agreement, "Well, even though Prince John... offered a huge reward for the capture
of Robin Hood, that elusive rogue kept right on robbin' the rich to feed the poor," He then directed Jimmy's attention to the misery the town was facing. "And believe me, it's a good thing he did, 'cause what with taxes and all, the poor folks of Nottingham were starvin' to death."

Jiminy Cricket simply shook his head in dismay, at the sight of a poor old owl couple, with the husband in a yoke, and his wife feeding him with a bowl of gruel.

The cricket turned his head and looked to see a poor dog and goose were also put in a yoke.

“Oh these poor folks,” Jiminy frowned. “We can’t just stand idly by for this! We’ve got to do something Alan!”

“Of course, Jiminy,” The rooster replied. “We never lose sight of our hope. Robin Hood makes sure of that, until the day our beloved King Richard returns,” Turning his head, Allan looked, and his eyes widened in fear, “Uh-oh. Here comes old bad news himself,” He muttered. “The Honorable Sheriff of Nottingham.”

“What's wrong with him?” Jiminy frowned. “If he's honorable, then there's nothing wrong with that. Is it?”

“Oh believe me, Jiminy," Alan whispered as he gently picked the cricket up. "He's anything but honorable. We better get out of here and fast!” With that, both the cricket and rooster quickly left the scene, before the sheriff could notice.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I love how this rendition is keeping to the original animated movie while at the same time adding elements from a much older adaptation, thereby establishing some connections that not even the animated movie could piece together. And I must agree, Marian definitely has it bad for Robin Hood considering how sad it must've been when she met. Any man would feel lucky to have a woman who thinks that way of their man or special someone. At least a woman as fair and beautiful as this wee lassie.

In England the £ is what we call it Pounds. It’s because I’m British myself.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Ah, good to know.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I suppose that is something to keep in mind to recall when putting this story together.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

After all, this is more than just the ponies being involved in our favorite Disney movies. It's about understanding the culture of their surroundings. No form of currency is ever the same in this case.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Chicken Little
The Heroes arriving into the story

The sad little chicken looked up at the wishing star and pleaded, "C'mon. All I need is a chance." next thing he knew, there was a flash of light and a portal opened up. The little chicken looked up, not believing what he was seeing as he saw a streak of light flying across the sky, before crashing down in a field, somewhere in the city.

I sort of enjoyed the film when I was a kid. But I never went to see it in theaters. After purchasing the DVD copy, I enjoyed watching it. The part where Fish was dancing to dodge the balls lobbed at him was my absolute favorite. Still, I can see the flaws that made the movie bombed worse than the Black Cauldron and Home on the Range before it. Nevertheless, the little guy at least got to make a cameo appearance in Kingdom Hearts.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Chicken Little
Chicken Little bonding with Spike and Gabby

"It's ridiculous," Chicken Little ranted, slumping on a tree stump. "I mean, yeah... I get it. I embarrassed my dad. All because of a little acorn. And to top it off, there's going to be a movie about it. Once it comes out, I'll never live it down, and I'll never be able to live with myself..."

Spike and Gabby both exchanged sad glances to each other, before they both walked over to embrace the little chicken.

"Hey, we've all been there, CL," Spike sighed. "For me....for me it's because I'm a dragon, I'm little, and I'm raised by ponies."

"For me... I was too optimistic for a griffin," Gabby frowned. "And I was crazy to think I could get a cutie mark, even though it's exclusive to ponies."

"And I turned into a 20 story rampaging dragon, driven by greed," Spike added.

CL turned to look at his two friends in bewilderment, "You turned into Godzilla and you tried to get some kind of tattoo?"

"Who's Godzilla?" Spike asked.

"And what's a tattoo?" Gabby asked.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Chicken Little
"DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM!"

"Chicken Little!" a voice screamed in the theater, scaring little Kirby into retreating into the curtains. "What? Where's your head? We gotta get outta here! Come on! Come..." not giving his son a chance to speak up for himself, Buck's hand was already grabbing Chicken's as the rooster was on his way towards the exit. "You, with the running and the jumping!" the father grumbled, before he suddenly felt his arm being pulled back.

"Dad. No, wait." Chicken Little protested.

"Son, no!" Buck replied as he tugged his arm back.

Gabby ran up to the rooster, with Spick at her side,"Mr. Buck, you gotta–"

"You stay out of this!" Buck squawked at the griffin.

"What are you guys doing? We gotta get outta here!" Abbey said, as she made herself known. "It's Iike War of the Worlds out there!" she said, pointing to the chaos that was occurring outside.

"Stop pulling!" Buck continued to protest to his son.

"Just Iisten to me for one second!" Chicken groaned. "It's not dangerous!"

"We are under attack! Will you two stop messing around and deal with the problem?" Abby screamed.

"EEEENOOOUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!" Gabby screeched at the top of her lungs, silencing the whole room. "Buck, shut up! Chicken Little, talk, NOW!"

"Whoa," Spike commented, taken aback by his griffin friend's assertiveness.

Turning to his father, and taking in what Gabby said, Chicken Little began, "You're never there for me!"

"What?"

"OK, that's not what I had in mind, but..." Abby said.

"You're never there for me." Chicken Little continued to rant, letting his pent up frustrations out. "I mean, you were when I won the game, but not when I thought the sky fell. And not at the ball field and not now!"

"This is good! Keep going. Keep going!" Abby commented.

"You've been ashamed since the acorn thing. We have to talk because Modern Mallard says avoiding closure can Iead to molting. I'm already small and I don't think I could handle being bald!"

Everyone all turned to their attention to the rooster, who was both aghast and shocked for words. After a moment of processing what his son had said, Buck finally broke the ice, "I... I... I didn't... ...realize, son. I-I never meant to... The acorn, the sky, I mean, the whole..."

"What was your first clue, huh?" Spike frowned, with Gabby arching an eyebrow in disappointment. "How you've been distancing yourself from your son all..."

"Hey! I get it! I messed up! Now let me fix this," taking in a deep breath, Buck sighed, "You're right," he said to Chicken Little. "You're right. Y... Your mom, she was... You know, she was always good with stuff Iike this. It's hard because....she's not here. Me..." the rooster chuckled nervously before he admitted. "I'm gonna need a Iot of work," looking down at his son, to show him the genuine love in his eyes, Buck spoke his heart out as he said, "But you need to know that I Iove you, no matter what. And I'm sorry I... And I'm sorry if I ever made you feel Iike that was something... ...you had to earn."

With that, a wide grin spread from ear to ear on Chicken Little's face, as he leapt into his father's arm, happy to have finally made amend.

"Well, it's about time," Spike smiled, with Gabby and Abby, both nodding in agreement.

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

wise move on their part.

Eeyup.

For Gabby got to use the inner griffin assertive for while.

Wildcard25
Group Contributor

Good Dinosaur

Arlo, Spot, the girls, and Spike stopped for the night, as the girls saw Arlo looking sad.

Fluttershy: Arlo, what's wrong?

Arlo: I just miss my family.

Applejack: I know what ya mean sugarcube.

Rarity: we all do.

Spot looked confused, and Arlo tried to explain to him.

Arlo: Family. (Picks up a small stick figure) That's me. (Picks up another) There's Libby. (picks up another) And Buck. (Picks another up) And Momma. (He picks up the a bigger stick figure) And Poppa. (digs a circle around the figures) Family.

spot continued to look confused.

Applejack: Yeah. Here. I'll show ya mine. (Begins picking up stick figures to represent her family) There's Apple Bloom. Big Macintosh. Granny Smith. Ma. And Pa. (uses her hoof to make a circle around them)

Spot crawled over and sniffed the stick figures before looking at them clueless.

Arlo: You don't understand. That's ok. (lays head down.)

Spike looked over and saw Spot doing something.

Spike: You may wanna rethink that.

Arlo and the girls saw Spot sat up two big stick figures and one small stick figure before making a circle around them.

Arlo: Yes. That's your family.

Rarity: Though I can't understand why you're not with them.

Spot suddenly looked sad, and explained to them by making one of the taller stick figures lay down and buried it under the sand, before doing it the the other stick figure leaving the smaller figure alone.

Fluttershy: Oh, my goodness.

Rarity: Oh my stars.

Pinkie: You poor little guy.

Applejack: I know how ya feel, sugarcube.

Applejack lays the stick figures of her parents down and buried them under the sand prompting Arlo to do the same thing to the stick figure representing his father.

Arlo: I miss him.

Applejack: We know ya do, Arlo. I miss my ma and pa every day.

Applejack and Arlo saw Spot comfort them, and they felt happier.

Spot started to howl up at the moon, prompting Arlo to do the same. Spike and the girls decided to get in on it and started howling with them.

Pinkie Pie: AWOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The others looked at her awkwardly.

Pinkie: Too much?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well even if Gabby is nicer than your everyday Griffin, who's to say she doesn't know a thing or two about being assertive? Especially over something as serious as when a kid is not given a chance to speak. I mean we saw how upset she was at Spike when she thought he was playing hooky to get away from her and play games with another lassie.

True. She was a reason to be mad about it.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You know it's funny you bring up 'The Good Dinosaur', I'm planning a thread for that movie in the near future even though it might take a while to put it together. But I will say this, considering that it might be another 'Dinosaur' movie for the girls (And Spike) to take part in, you'd think if the dinosaur friends they brought to Equestria with them would take advantage of the opportunity of tagging along for one of these trips. I mean after all, for most of the series they might be hanging around Equestria especially in Fluttershy's sanctuary just trying to adjust to a completely different atmosphere.

• Viewing 2,401 - 2,450 of 10,679