My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 860 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Azure Drache
Group Admin
EMission Pinkpossible
A certain pink prancing pony ventures forth into the streets of Ponyville in search of a very special parcel! She is a mare on a mission! Nothing would stop her! That was a Pinkie Promise!
Greatazuredragon · 3.8k words  ·  20  0 · 222 views

Summary
A mirror-clone of Pinkie visits Ponyville on a secret mission to get a heartwarming-eve present for a friend.

Analysis: 
This story could actually be two scenes of an episode. It is written in a way that would allow one to imagine the scenes and behavior like actually being in the show. Both in a good as in a bad way. The good thing about this is that it is written with much skill and an eye for details. Pinkie totally being pinkie and the behavior of the other ponies according to that. It is like someone would write down two scenes from the actual show and if I hadn’t seen them before, I couldn’t tell the difference, which is great. However, the bad side is that it is not as funny as it would be if it was an actual part of an episode. It is different to see something and to read about something, which in this case, makes the story not as funny as it could be. It is still uplifting, still entertaining to a degree, but, it is missing something special or unique.
So I would recommend reading this story if you want to feel like reading parts of a new episode since it is very well written, but don’t expect too much of the comedy tag here.

Rating

Comedy: 6/10
It is Pinkie, in written form. The story misses on big laughter, but may put a smile to your face and has also a heartwarming touch.

Writing Style: 9/10
Exactly like I would imagine an episode in written form. Though, I think one should adjust the written version a little bit to entertain more.

Entertainment factor: 7/10
The overall idea is great, while a bit into AU territory I would say. Also it feels so much like the show and with a heartwarming touch. I only miss the real laughter while reading it.

22/30 -> 7.33

I would like to add if this wasn't aiming for the comedy tag the story would surely score around 8 or higher. While it is technicly accurate to give this story a 7.33 in my opinion, from the feeling wise, it feels like it should score higher.

Hmm, I can see your points.
Thanks for the review.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2