My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 861 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Light Heart101
Group Contributor
EReflections
Reflections show you what you most want, but what you envisioned cannot always be seen. Dinky learns this the hard way.
Emotion Nexus · 1.4k words  ·  118  28 · 1.7k views

Written by Kailani Tides

Summary: Reflections show you what you most want to see, but what you envisioned cannot always be seen.

To reflect is to look at the deepest part of yourself, and to attempt to truly understand it.

When these two things collide it's hard to relie solely on yourself, because when the fragments don't line up, Dinky learns the hard way that putting the pieces back together can take more time then you can handle.

Analysis: This story deals a lot with the transgender mindset, which isn't something I'm not too familiar with. Everything I know is secondhand knowledge, so forgive me for my lack of knowledge about the subject. Also, forgive my way of gender identification. I have no clue how it's supposed to work, so please take what I say with a grain of salt.

It deals with Dinky dealing with depression as she feels the pressure of trying to act like others expect her too. Now, I don't believe that expecting others to fit into a stereotype is right in the real world. It puts unwanted pressure on people that can lead to problems with self-identification and depression. So Dinky ends up confiding in her friend about her emotional problems and ends up deciding that she would become a stallion.

Now, again it's hard for me to fully understand the mindset of a person who changes genders. It's not something I know a lot about, or that I took a lot of interest in. I don't mean it in a mean way. I just recognize that this is something I lack understanding in, so I sadly can't score it due to me being lost on this subject. I do believe that this story is good for a short read, and the grammar is rather good, but it's hard for me to understand if the emotional accuracy is right in a situation like this.

I hope the writer can forgive my lack of understanding on this subject. This is a good story, but I just lack the knowledge to judge this fairly. I would recommend another reviewer's opinion on this to get a fairer assessment of this story. Keep up the good work, and I hope that I will be able a more educated review on one of your stories in the future.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1