My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 860 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Light Heart101
Group Contributor

Princess Cadance Saves Equestria (Wait, What?!)

Written by

ThePinkedWonder

Summary: After King Sombra had returned and attacked the Crystal Empire, he captures Princess Cadance, Shining Armor, and Flurry Heart. Too weak to do anything themselves, Cadance and Shining had no choice but to wait for Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends to save them.

However, Sombra took a low blow by taking Flurry Heart and attacking the parental prides of Cadance and Shining. Princess Cadance took it especially hard.

King Sombra might want to start running...

Takes place in the season 9 premiere.

Analysis: This is why mothers can be compared to bears. If you threaten one of her cubs, you're toast. The title says it all, and even though the idea of Cadence stepping it up has been done before, this is a great translation of the idea. (It's also a reminder that I still haven't been able to see the last season.:twilightsheepish:) After reviewing several works by this writer, it's clear that he's skilled in coming up with clever short stories. This story is short, simple, and funny.

Writing: 9/10 The writing is pretty solid, but there are a few words that I would change.

In the Crystal Empire, Princess Cadance, the (Mary Sue doesn't count as a pink alicorn. It's dyed. Sorry for the mad Munchkin joke, but I think she's the only cannon pink alicorn. pink Alicorn, found herself captured yet again.

Cadance said (this doesn't look right being before the sentence., “Laugh if you want, but my sister-in-law and her friends will defeat you with the power of the Elements!”

I feel like there is a small lack of detail in places, but it's still rather well written.

Plot of the story: 8/10 I've seen a few stories where the alicorns will let loose their power, but I do like the newer take for the more recent season. The second chapter was well needed to add more contrast. It's a simple basis, but a well-done one. Also, I now owe Discord ten boxes of cookies. (A little joke that you need to read the story to understand.)

Story flow: 8/10 It was rather easy to understand and read, but a part of me wanted to see the angry couple go at Sombra a little more before chapter two.

Final score 25/30 8.3/10

It's another well written and funny story. It's not as good as some of his other works, but it's still a great read.

Thanks for the review, and glad you're liking you've reviewed so far! :twilightblush:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2