My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 861 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Azure Drache
Group Admin

You Can't Extinguish the Sun! - Twilight Glimmer

Summary:
A stallion who is very dumb walks up to Celestia to ask her if she could extinguish the sun so he don't get sunburn. Well, while I admit I haven't read this exact situation before, it is boring in the first place. I have read some fics where the main reason stuff happens is that the protagonist is impossible stupid, it doesn't entertain or offers a good read along. Honestly, if I want to see stupid people asking stupid things I just can go to work.

What I can say that the author did a good a job at is, that the side characters and reasons are fit in and fluff things up. A situation like descripted in the story very well could happen that way in mlp, so the overall construction of the story is fine, just the plot doesn't deserve some 'screen time' on its own in my small opinion.

Pros:
Well at least a fitting idea why Knit Wit thought Celestia could extingush the sun.
A good display of what Celestia as a rules possible has go through now and then.
The reason Twilight appears.
Mischeavious Celestia passes the annoying stallion over to Twilight

Cons:
The main idea of the story is that one main characters is very stupid and therefore asks Celestia a stupid question.
Not much entertainment in here except one is seeking for very basic of all jokes.

Rating:
Idea: 3/10 Like said I haven't read this exact situation before, so some points for the build up, but it is boring.
Characters: 7/10 Well even if I don't like the protagonist I admit it is not badly written if you go along with the plot. Celestia and Twilight are also good written.
Entertainment factor: 1/10 It is a rendom comedy story, but neither is it very funny nor random. For a random story it is just too realistic if you accept the level of stupidity of the protagonist.

11/30 = 0.37/10 =

5/10 in total

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1