My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 861 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Azure Drache
Group Admin

Whooves and Derpy Legend of the Werehog! by TheKMExperience

Pros:
Okay, nice start.
It's a bit more random than expected, but it is fitting so far.
I must say I am entertained by the randomness even more since it is Derpy and Dr Hooves.
Funny ideas about all the gadgets and tools.
Derpy being Derpy and the Doctor thinks she is doing fine.
Ponyvilles inhabitants are as smart as in the show.
Right character choice for 'special guest' I can't tell who it is without a huge spoiler.
The end is funny too.
A few things i can't really mention because of spoilers.

Cons:
Nickname for Major Mare is simple Mare?
Time or scene changes should be marked more clearly instead of just italic written.
A little bit longer than necassary.

Summary:
Alright, the story is about Derpy and Doctor Hooves working as pest controll for a vegetable festival in Ponyville. So far so good. The characters choosen for this story are wery well picked and fitting fot it. Derpy just being Derpy, means she cause a lot of trouble acciedently and the Doctor reacts to it in a goodminded way, plus, there is a mystery going on caused by this. Also the side characters, who are important for the side stories and such are well choosen too and except for Lyra, all do a great job of blending in.

About the ideas and entertainment facor, I say this story does a good job. I found myself giggling and grinning while reading what the author had thought to put in the story as jokes and slapstick comedy. Though, it could have a bit shorter in general, there is only so much time this things can entertain in a row. Though, it was fluffed up by some cute critters and how they are acting and are handled by Derpy and the Doc.

On a side note, there are the very well known, but still good quotes of the characters from the show. I liked them.

In the end I would say this story is worth a read and well enough written to entertain, if, one it willing to forgive some repeats of slapstick situations.

Rating:
Idea:

• 9.5/10 It was very original and fitting.

Characters:

• 9/10 Overall good, some even perfect. (Except for one and that is only my personal opinion.)

Entertainment factor:

• 6.5/10 I had some good giggles and was very well entertained most of the time, though, the story is a bit more stretched then it is good for it.

25/30 = 8.3/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1