My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 861 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Naughty... by Pone_Heap

[this review will need to be done a little differently due to subject matter present in the story. If you are sensitive or have a distaste for adult content that most would find objectionable, turn away now.]

Well, this was refreshing, I finally get to see a Courage the Cowardly Dog based fanfic on this site. This show was the shit back in the day and is probably one of the major reasons I am the way I am. This story takes one of the creepiest characters in the whole show and gives us an interesting take on what else he is like other than “SHAVE ALL THE THINGS”.

To start out, the pattern was wrong for Freaky Fred’s speech pattern. The pattern is:

Words words words words words words Special word
Words words words… Naughty.

In the story, it usually goes for upwards of five or more lines before he says naughty. I did read the comments to the story and the author did say this was intentional as he is unskilled with AAAB rhyming style. The problem is that for everyone that remembers the show and the episode this just does not sit right.

WARNING ADULT TOPICS DISCUSSED HERE; Now let's talk about the elephant in the room, the child rape. This is most likely one of the primary reasons that this story was disliked to the degree it was. I personally don't take issue with this type of content, doesn't float my boat but everyone has their thing. It also might not have helped that the Apple family was killed for going to the police. It was a little strange to see what I had assumed to be a relatively harmless character that had a few oddities end up screwier than a house without nails.

Final Scores:

Structure: 6/10, this is the first all rhyme story I’ve read and it's done quite well

Characterization: 3/10, while I have my issues with what the structure the biggest whiplash came from the actual use of Fred. I don't see why this couldn't have been a crazy zebra. I just can't see any of what makes Fred Fred other than the use of naughty.

Pacing: 9/10, this was well paced given the length. It meant to come in, tell a story, then leave. Enough happens in the length for this to be an actual story while not giving more out than necessary.

Total 18/30 or 6/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1