Music Showdown 27 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
the real sound wave
Group Admin

so i will not be here tomorrow so here is my entry.

i could not decide witch one to choose, so here you guys go.

FanficReader920
Group Admin

There are a lot of songs that have been written that were inspired by the horrific events of 9/11, and I'm going to share a lot of them with you.

First up is Alan Jackson's "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)," which tackles what many Americans were thinking as they watched the attacks unfold live from their tvs.

Bruce Springsteen, a New Jersey native, wrote nearly an entire album about the attacks. 9/11 inspired many of Springsteen's songs in his album, The Rising. Here are three of them.

"You're Missing" is about a family who lost their father in the attacks.

"Empty Sky" is about someone who lost their spouse in the attacks.

However, the most acclaimed song from the album is its title track. "The Rising" is told from the perspective of a firefighter climbing the stairs of one of the towers.

Another great song about 9/11 comes from the rock group Evanescence. While not referencing the attacks directly, it was said by the band that "My Last Breath" was inspired by the 9/11 attacks and tells the story of a person that is dying in the attacks.

That's all I have for today. However, this won't be the last 9/11 song I'll post. Today is a day of remembrance and mourning. But tomorrow, my entry will be a song that was written to show how America got back up after the attacks and sought out those responsible.

Stay Tuned for tomorrow!

BradyBunch
Group Admin

I have an instrumental song for today that always brings out the emotional side in me when thinking about modern warfare and the men who serve in them.

It's called Away.

This reminds me of the men and women away in foreign countries, away from their home, friends, family, and way of life. Because they're away at war, we still have the freedom to live however we want to. They're away, far away, but we never notice. And the loyal soldiers don't even care that we don't notice, because they care so much for us that they signed up to protect us. Men and women they've never even met.

This song evokes memories of soldiers who once were away, now reuniting with their wives and their children in heartfelt devotional. I devote this song to them today.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3