Music Showdown 27 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
BradyBunch
Group Admin

We're back to Two Steps From Hell now. This particular song is not to be confused with the Daft Punk song. This one is way better.

It starts off beautiful and graceful, like a man observing the skies above a field. It then turns grim and determined, like a that man becoming a soldier and overlooking that field before a battle. Then comes the battle itself, fast and fierce and personal. And, in the midst of battle, comes the inner peace he feels. It then rises from his peaceful speed once more to a victorious and powerful pace, overwhelming you with brass, drums, and electric guitar.

So! With that said, vote for me!

FanficReader920
Group Admin

For today's song, I'm going to pay tribute to one of the greatest actors of our time, Burt Reynolds. Reynolds passsed away at the age of 82 two days ago, and while I may be too young to have experienced all of his landmark films, like Deliverance, there IS one movie I remember Burt Reynolds for and that is Smokey and The Bandit.

Smokey and The Bandit was released in 1977. It was the second highest domestic grossing movie that year, the only one that beat it? Star Wars. Smokey and the Bandit is by no means a masterpiece, there isn't any character arcs or anything to say about society. It's a movie that moreso is great at capturing a moment in time at a particular place. In this case, it's the American South in the 1970s.

Burt Reynolds played the titular "Bandit" (Real Name: Bo Darville) and drove a black Pontiac Trans-Am. It is still one of my favorite vehicles in all of cinema. This movie highlighted Reynolds' charisma more than anything, as nearly everyone the Bandit came across either knew him personally or knew about him, which was all it took for The Bandit to get assistance in his (illegal) beer run.

Anyway, one of Reynolds' costars in the film was Jerry Reed, who played The Bandit's best friend Cledus "Snowman" Snow. He's also a country music artist. In addition to being a star, Reed wrote and recorded a song for the film called "East Bound and Down." I still forever associate that song to this movie.

So, in honor of Burt Reynolds, I submit for today's contest, "East Bound and Down" by Jerry Reed. Enjoy the 70s Country.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2