Please Read My Story 367 members · 3,854 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

First, damn it I'm the 69th member. But that beside the point I currently writing a side story to my Journey To Hearth's Warming and it meant to be a gathering of letters from a stallion that exploring the world before Equestria was founded.

my problem is that I'm not that experienced in writing letters and building a story around that style. That is why I'm asking for prereaders. I need at least three, but I'm perfectly fine with less as long as somepony is helping me. I currently have less 2k written down new parts will be added periodically rather than constantly.

Quillian Inkheart
Group Admin

I won't offer myself as a pre-reader (Ye Gods, I've been procrastinating enough on the stories I've already got to help people with) but I can offer you a book that might help. Have you ever read The Martian?

That kind of counterproductive to my story since in the Martian he stuck in one place and my character is traveling to many different areas meeting other ponies. Though yes they are both cataloging but for very different reasons.

Plus I really need direct advice since my instincts are complete shit.

Quillian Inkheart
Group Admin

Oh. No, I didn't mean to take the story; I meant the writing style itself. The book is written as individual journal entries, cataloging Mark's journey on Mars. It's a good book to look at to decide on the "Journal Entry" style of writing, as it's the most popular example of that theme I can think of.

Hmm, I'll give it a read, but I still need direct advice.

Quillian Inkheart
Group Admin

Yeah, I can't do pre-reads... I burn out way too quickly, and then nothing'll get done. Hm... Have you posted something up on some of the other Pre-Reading Request groups? I could give you links, if you'd like.

Don't worry, I know where they are. I just wanted to try here first. Hmm since you can't help with prereading would you be willing to read my most recent story, Journey To Hearth's Warming. It's currently on a month-long hiatus but I would love to get some feedback especailly on chapters pass the prologue since there is apparently a view count jump between the Prologue and later chapters that feels like a lot more is wrong then readers simply not caring to read the prologue.

Quillian Inkheart
Group Admin

Hm... It's not that long; I'll toss it on my list and give it a whirl at some point. I've got a few stories I need to give mini-reviews to first, but that'll be on my list. :twilightsmile: I hope that, at some point, you could give my stories a look-see. There's no such thing as too many comments. :pinkiesmile:

Oh thank you. New chapters start back up in November but there will be another hiatus in January, sort of a winter break like what TV series do so I can recharge and make sure I stay ahead of the curve.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9