Hazbin Hotel & Helluva Boss 175 members · 32 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

So when sinners die, do they get new names based on their characteristics when they were humans, because they can't remember their old names? Is it an instant process from human to demon, or no? And most important of all, do they remember their memories as humans or just their sins?

Anyway, throw your thoughts below!

I like to think that it just follows a 'conveniently cartoonish' sort of naming convention, not unlike Spongebob's universe or something along those lines.

Or maybe they take the Warhammer 40k approach and have the demons take on these names to mask their identities, with their 'real' names (typically something complicated or borderline unpronounceable in the human language) giving the knower power over them, or something.

I like the Warhammer idea quite a bit! I'm the person who looks for a meaning in every single little detail, so if it is like SpongeBob, I'll probs be sad. XD

Maybe they are named on how they died? I mean, Angel Dist died ODing on PCP. AKA Angel Dust. And Alastor is named for the avenging demon/god in Greek mythology. We don't know Vaggie's real name, so it is a sort of nickname and not much to off of there. ANd Charlie's name is a pun on Charlemagne. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Huh, interesting. And I guess Sir Pentious works because I have a theory he died testing snake poison for an experiment and he accidentally got injected with said poison/The Speckle Band style where he trained a snake to kill his enemies but the snake bit him by accident.

And thus, he gets his name as Serpent. (ious)

HEADCANNON ACCEPTED UNTIL DISPROVEN! And it explains the inventor aesthetic!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7