The Storm King 167 members · 136 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

In a LIONSGATE interview, Liev Schreiber commented that he approached portraying the Storm King like an actor would a live action character: "With any kind of creativity, you have to push the envelope. You have to explore, you have to improvise. I think we all love, as audiences, to see performers on a tightrope, to see people creating and being in the moment, coming up with something that we didn't think they could do. I think especially with this kind of work, animated films, you're sort of flying blind. So, you have to have that thing that I think is the key to all great acting, which is, you can't be afraid."

I learned this after discovering a LIONSGATE Information website, and I found that to be really interesting. So interesting, that I even added it to the “My Little Pony: The Movie” trivia section on IMDb.

That’s really interesting! :twilightsmile:

I was thrilled when I heard he was going to voice Storm King. In real life, Liev Schreiber is one of my all time favorite actors.

Just goes to show that when you're passionate about a performance, you really give it your all.

Given that this was Liev Schreiber's first ever child friendly role (the main reason he signed on in the first place), and first animated one, he really delivered.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

That’s nice.

It’s funny, really. I actually never heard of Schreiber until I read the announcement about his casting. I guess it had something to do with him starring in so many adult-oriented works before that, which I don’t watch too many of.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6