It is an Idea 25 members · 128 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Gnarl
Group Admin

I've been spending the time I'm not working on my stories to mull over different ideas I get. My mind comes up with many scenes and plans for stories and plots so i try to get a list of them. I have one at the moment that really catches my attention and I want to share and ask your opinions on it. ( Just to note all MLP character will be anthro, many people don't like anthro but i find it a challenge to write so That's how I'm gonna do it. :rainbowdetermined2:)

It would be an Avatar: The Last Airbender/MLP crossover seteither during the Fire nations invasion or near the tail end of it. I've narrowed down my choice of main character to four and still need to pick one. They are Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Ember. The story starts off similar to "Heart of the Dragon General" by Tatsurou an amazing story I highly recommend it.

One of the four main character choices appears in the the world of Avatar (I don't know the worlds name... sue me :twilightsheepish:) As a filly/Hatchling and is raised by a reclusive and powerful bending master. Now how the story continues from there depends on who is picked for the main character. It will also effect the plot of the story as a whole.

If Rainbow or Ember is picked the master will be a fire bender who has similar views to Iro from the show but has distanced himself from the war. He takes Rainbow/Ember in and trains her to be a powerful fire bender as well as raising her to be his daughter. On one of the rare outing they have into the world they come across fellow fire benders attacking a convoy of earth nation citizens (Non-benders) and killing them.

Angered by this Rainbow/Ember tries to stop them only to find the gap between her and the soldiers is massive and she's injured getting her father to step in and finish what she started. He defeats the soldiers with ease and after a few choice words to Rainbow/Ember he takes her back to their home.

After they return they have a heated argument on what should be done about the cruelty of their fellow fire benders and people of the fire nation. Rainbow/Ember wants to help but lacks the power of real training to do so, her master/father has the experience and training but he doesn't share her optomistic beliefs. So as a way to prove his daughter is being naive he makes a bet with her. If she can complete the training he gives her and meets his standards he will allow her to go out and fight in this conflict.

He does this in the belief that the realities of war and the pain and struggles it brings will be like a splash of ice water to wake her up. Rainbow/Ember agrees and goes through hellish training but unlike what her father/master thought would happen she keeps pushing forward and never gives up on what he sets as a goal. When she reaches the age of 16 (I gave it some thought and it seemed like the best age to pick, young enough to be seen as a kid by some but old enough to gain the respect of others) Rainbow/Ember Sets out on her own with a few choice gifts from her father to help her along her way.

The basic plot of the middle is Rainbow/Ember finding companions and staging a guerrilla war against the Fire Nation, struggling to keep her chin up in the face of disdain, suspicion, anger and fear her being a fire bender brings from other nations as well as being a young girl who finds friends and love.

That's just the basics of the begginings and the story in general. I'll post the way the story will go if Applejack or Rarity are picked at a later date. please ask any and all questions you want and give feed back if you have some to give, I'm liking this idea and want to flesh it out.

Here is what prompted this idea in the first place, enjoy. :twilightsmile:

Dammit, now I need to reread Heart of the Dragon General.

Gnarl
Group Admin

you and me both. I've been re reading a good chunk of my previously read stories lately. :twilightsmile: So what do you think of this idea? Good? Bad? Some where between shit and syphilis? :rainbowderp:

I like it, also I'd go with Ember because best dragon princess.

Gnarl
Group Admin

can't argue with that reasoning. :pinkiehappy:

I'll be excited to see what you come up with.

Gnarl
Group Admin

This idea has truly caught my interest so I intend to give it my best.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8