Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
colt alchemist
Group Admin

Since we can't post any original stories on this site, why not just on this thread? Allow me to explain. If you already have a first chapter, or a prologue, to one of your original stories and want opinions on it from other members, then you can post it here for others to see. That way, we'll get an idea of what your story ideas will be about. And it will be safe since we're only posting on this thread and not on the actual site. Of course, we still can't post actual original stories here. So, if you have a preview of your original idea, post it here for us to see.

Or post it on your blog on your user page and send us a link if you feel that's better.

How about a google docs link? :twilightsmile:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MPCE9mDHJDp9qe-ceQqeszAFRbxOZUVnNkBzMQMGbfg/edit?usp=sharing

This is the very beginning of To Sing a Silent Song, the story I've been discussing here.

colt alchemist
Group Admin

Gdocs work too. This is for that alien story of yours?

colt alchemist
Group Admin

Awesome. Now everyone can check it out.

Comment posted by sevenofeleven deleted Jan 6th, 2018

Oh, I might as well dive in, then. Here's Chapter One. This is part of the novel I've been working on since March (whose first draft I just completed, actually!).

colt alchemist
Group Admin

I say give advice as you see fit. Tell them your personal thoughts as well as some criticisms and issues you had with the stories. Tell them what you liked and what they could improve on. In other words, don't just say, "I love it, keep up the good work," because it might show that you don't actually care about their stories. You should tell them what you really thought of their works, even if it may be a little blunt. But don't go all rage reviews either, you should still tell them what you liked about their stories. That way they'll get both sides of the spectrum, personal thoughts and logical suggestions. If that makes sense.

Same goes for everyone else.

We want to keep this group alive and active and help out as many creative minds as we can.

colt alchemist
Group Admin

Sounds good. I'll do the same. And I'll add one of my original shorts here as well. It's called "Vera the Fox," about a mercenary fox with a free-spirited attitude, going on missions and cracking enough jokes as possible. Her humor ranges from sarcastic to dry, dark, puns and meta. I only have the first chapter written, It's right here if you want to take a look but it is currently unedited. Hope you like it.

colt alchemist
Group Admin

Just letting you know I'm going to start reading your chapter. And I just posted one of my own shorts too on this thread if you want to take a look. Just look at the reply above this one. Hope you like it.

Quick question; would this be the appropriate place to put a rough draft of a character backstory?

colt alchemist
Group Admin

This thread is more for posting previews or first chapters of our original works. You can post your character's bio in the "Discuss Ideas Here," thread or create your own thread showcasing your character and asking for opinions and thoughts on them.

Comment posted by TheWingman deleted Jan 6th, 2018
colt alchemist
Group Admin

Hey, just a heads up I added a new rule saying that you now have to link your first chapters to your gdocs pages or wherever you wrote them. That way we can avoid this group getting potentially reported for posting non-pony content on the threads. If you could do that next time that would be great. Thanks.

Okay, should i delete that?

colt alchemist
Group Admin

I would suggest you convert it to a gdoc page and post the link in it's place.

I'd also like to add that, while I do allow pony ideas, the group's main intention is for original works. You can keep posting pony ideas, but just remember what the group is originally meant for.

colt alchemist
Group Admin

On the subject of original ideas, I am working on a story draft of an RPG Maker game based on Wolfenstein with a morality system that is similar in concept to Mass Effect 1(I.E: where the "evil" renegade path doesn't necessarily mean evil, more so make one act like an ***hole of the highest order)

I've been working on and off on a bunch of original stories.
All of these except for Dark winds are raw.

Dark winds and Silver- western horror story
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_7Ju_9JDTgMyFKRVBSj--9gYabheOfWp8_EP6PE2OrA/edit?usp=sharing

Cold Comfort- A detective encounters a mystery in which frozen bodies appear in a sweltering city.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DlDwc0_25Bafywj3Msw3rKzdXZ3GGYq1qxky4InraRs/edit?usp=sharing

Carnage and Chocolate Doughnuts- a mall guard has the worst day imaginable.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1do1uYUTbbzTDo-7breJNl65CSOdDUeSjQ0F9-8B5adc/edit?usp=sharing

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23