Jinglemas 488 members · 646 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Shakespearicles
Group Admin

Yes everypony, the time has come! It is DAY 1 of JINGLEMAS!
So that means if your assigned due date is today, December 24th, IT IS TIME TO POST!

So publish those chapters! Submit those stories! (Hopefully to Auto-Approval.) I hope you first-timers got your story into the approval queue some time yesterday. Don't forget to PM your recipient with a link to their gift so they can read it right away, and add it to the Jinglemas 2021 group folder. (We're expecting ~37 today with more to come!)

POD 1: The Rookies
This first pod consists of all the people who have never written a story before, and thus have to wait in the approval queue. So if your gift is a little late, this is likely why. If your total published stories was 0 before the event, you are in this group. You have been, for the most part, paired with each other. But don't fret! With a successful story under your belt, you'll be playing with the major leagues next Jinglemas! And I promise, there will always be another Jinglemas!

POD 2: Main Characters
An easy grouping. Main characters from the core FiM show with canon speaking roles in multiple episodes. Nothing wrong with sticking to the basic requests!

POD 3: Background Characters
One or more of the requested characters are from the core FiM show, but were only a minor character appearing in a single episode with little or no dialogue. This can make it both easier, or harder to write for. But you're getting what your giving when you're writing for a living!

:raritycry: "But Shakes! My request would qualify to be in one of these pods, but today isn't my due date!"
- Don't worry. You'll find out why.

:fluttercry: "Shakes! Despite your multiple reminder messages throughout the event, I completely forgot to write my story! Or my hands were cut off or something else happened, and I have nothing to give!"
- Well, I'm very disappointed in you, but please PM me ASAP so we can still give a gift to your recipient. Please don't make me have to chase after you!

~

Whatever your due date is, then you should (generally) also receive your gift on that same day (with just a handful of exceptions). If you don't get your gift in with 24 hours of your due date, DO NOT PANIC. Please be patient. There could be any number of reasons for this:
- You could just be exceptional. :duck:
- The person writing your gift has it stuck in the approval queue.
- Your Hearth's Warming Helper forgot to PM you.
- Your story is getting written right now by a Breezie.

IF you do not receive your story before the 27th, rest assured that it will mean that I, Shakespearicles™, will already be well aware of it. You won't need to PM me. I'll already be getting it resolved with all haste, personally if need be. Everypony who participates (and delivers) will get their Jinglemas Gift before the New Year!

Flutterpriest
Group Admin

Great job putting this together Shakes :)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3