Changeling Panic! 19 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Adda le Blue
Group Admin

The sitewide roleplay ban was not the end of the first Changeling Panic group. It was deleted by the group owner for reasons unknown. After the ban went into effect, we players were careful to, well, sometimes straddle the line but never cross when it came to roleplay. Rules are rules, after all, and we'd hate to lose the privilege to play CP here on Fimfiction over something petty like a changeling's imaginary, but still quite impressive, last stand.

The ban was not the end, but it was an end. The group grew quiet. Day cycles went by without a single post. Night cycles passed with only two players out of fifteen sending in their night actions. What once had been a dance of game after game, playing two or three games at once, getting your roles and allegiances mixed up because there's just so much to do... became a once-a-month shrug of acceptance.

A long time ago, probably a couple of years by now, our friend Wolfcape did me a huge favor. He set up an offsite forum at ZetaBoards just for Changeling Panic. It was intended to be a place where we can play as we choose, roleplay to our hearts' desire, start a war between the departments of a superstore on lockdown. Interest was... low. By that I mean we have two members: him and me. It seemed that no one wanted to have to join another forum just to sate their bloodlust. Now, though, is joining a new forum really so different from joining, for example, a Discord server?

With the sudden change we're undergoing, I feel it's time for a lot of opportunities to be tested out. RP-friendly offsite Changeling Panic might be strange at first and require some fine-tuning, but if it brings back the excitement of pre-ban Panic then any amount of work is worthwhile. Live Panic over Discord, where day and night cycles last ten minutes, could put an end to some of the endgame stagnation we've seen so many times in our normal games. While I was disheartened at first by the death of the old group, I haven't felt this excited about CP in a long time.

If any of this sounds like a great idea, or if you'd like to help test it and fine-tune it, let us know. Wolfcape owns the offsite forum and master18 runs the Discord server; I know little about how to use either but I'll do my best to learn and help. Let's bring back the best of Changeling Panic!

Seconded! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2