Hidden Gems 50 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
David Silver
Group Admin

The Music That Binds Us

Tags: Slice of Life, Romance, DJ Pon-3, Octavia

Octascratch? A classic! I'm curious how they play the two, since I've seen some interesting takes on the characters, and some that have become 'standard'. Let's see!

A few typos. Stance is a thing. Little moments where present tense came in to say hello. Some of them slid in organically, some less so. I left notes. Overall good quality.
Grammar: ★★★

Use of show canon: We are dealing with two ponies who have almost no canon presence. They felt natural enough for what we do know of them, though any amount of actual affection between them is fan canon, and that's alright! There is no such thing as a bad shipping partner, just badly written ones, and this is not one of those. ★★★

Character Consistency: The characters stayed true to themselves, except one who didn't, but had in-story reason not to, with amusing results in the end. We're all good here, and they felt natural. ★★★★

Plot Flow: A little slice of life moment with a singular event. Unlike the last I read, this one felt more like there was a point. There was a specific event, and it even had a climax. Poor Octy... I loved it. ★★★★

Entertainment: Short but good! I can imagine the characters living on past this, talking about this event. It's almost as if this was a fondly remembered diary entry, as good slice of life's tend to be. I enjoyed it! ★★★

Overall: ★★★★ -- Our first 4 star story? Tell me it isn't so! It is! Welcome to our resting place, where you will hopefully get some more views, because your story deserves it. This is a hidden gem, with only 37 total views. Let's fix that!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1