Hidden Gems 50 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
David Silver
Group Admin

The Diner at the Edge of Tomorrow

Tags: Slice of Life, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Other, King Sombra

The royalty of Equestria meet up at a diner between then and now? Color me intrigued...

There were a smattering of typos and such. I've left corrections on what I immediately spotted. Upgrade if fixed. A bit too many ellipses for my taste.
Grammar: ★★

Use of show canon: It's a tale about a slice of space outside Equestria, but it did have Celestia and Luna, the former still wracked with guilt for her treatment of the latter. Both felt mostly themselves. Sombra cannot be included here. ★★★

Character Consistency: It's a short one shot, so no one had too much chance to fly off the rails set for them. They seemed to flow organically enough along the story, no complaints here. ★★★

Plot Flow: Sisters go to a strange diner where one of them has been going for a while. It puts the slice of life right out there and wears it like a pin of honor, and I can respect that. This is a tale of two sisters, just being together, and that's alright. ★★★★

Entertainment: Not a lot 'happens', but it never was supposed to. The twists are mild, and the talking seems sincere enough. For a 1k one-shot, worth the time. ★★★

Overall: ★★★ -- It's a fine story. It does not rise to excellence, but it's fine. You could do far worse with your fic reading time. I feel some specifics would have been nice. What was Celestia doing during that time? It was all smoothed out to generic notes that made the whole thing feel just that bit... bland. Still, a fine story, 3 stars.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1