Twidust (Stardust X Twilight) 72 members · 27 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Darkwing Dust
Group Admin

From the future S6 E10 chapter, take a gander below.

"Are you feeling alright?" Shining asked eventually admist our walk through the crystal castle, leading me down a few corridors upon dismissing ourselves from the others earlier.

I shrugged, deciding to be honest. "I'm not sure. One one hand, I'm glad I managed to keep everyone safe today, thanks to you as well, by the way."

"Of course, always happy to help protect those important to me."

That prompted my grin, before sighing quite tiredly. Today was taking a lot out of me; the large party didn't help much. "On the other hand..."

"You're upset because Zagreus managed to escape."

Another sigh. "And it's bad enough Twilight can read me like an open book."

"Sorry bud, but I think it's best if I can understand your train of thought." Shining commented in faint humour, stopping by a door. "Helps me trust the pony who'll one day settle down with my precious baby sister. Though not too soon, I hope."

Hah. "At her age, I wouldn't dare pressure her into it."

"Good." Before his semi-serious expression became deadly serious, pausing by a door and placing a hoof on my shoulder. "Don't blame yourself for Zagreus getting away. It's as you said, what matters most is that no one else was harmed today... Well, minus the exception of that Garble character and his cronies who teamed up with Zagreus. I'm sure their Dragon Lord will want to deal with them personally."

The very image of Ember beating the [BEEP] out of them, Hell whacking them above the heads with their scepter, made me feel more better. I grinned at the thought, before looking back to my friend. "So, why did you bring me here? If it's to say thanks, you know I'll just dismiss the gratitude."

Shining, instead of answering vocally, simply pushed open the door and nodded for me to follow. Inside was... Well, quite obviously both his and Cadence's bedroom. He dragged me from the others to lead me here? Should I be worried? Slowly following in, Shining outright laughed at my look. "Don't worry. Cadence won't mind; our time in here will be brief." Alright... Gesturing for me to stand still for a moment, I followed the stallion's movements curiously, the Prince heading to a specific drawer beside his and Cadence's large Queen-sized bed.

What was he up to...?

Retrieving something from the top drawer, the Prince walked back to me with a small smile, requesting I raise an open hoof in preparation. Okay? I obliged, now more confounded, partially due to the confidence and pride swelling in the stallion's heart. Shining placed something small on the palm of my hoof, and I looked at it in sheer, rather comical surprise.

Wasn't this a small box that usually held a ring inside? Shining nodded at my uncertain look, and I opened the box, revealing a small, golden ring with the pink jewel on top... In the shape of... Twilight's own cutie mark...

...Oh my God...

"I wasn't entirely kidding about the settling down with Twilight part." Shining continued, but I couldn't keep my bewildered stare off the resting ring. "Years ago, I had a ring designed especially for her when that day comes, given to that special somepony lucky enough to win her heart - And most importantly, my approval - for him to propose with that ring." I finally looked up, meeting his proud, sentimental smile. "When that time comes, I want you to be that pony."

I...

I...

My eyes could only look back and forth between the gorgeous ring and the unicorn, mind completely blank in how to respond. What- What can I say?! Even through Balance I can tell Shining wasn't kidding about this! He seriously wanted me to one day propose - Propose - to Twilight with this ring!

...Jesus Christ on a chocolate sandwich with sugar crystals on top! This was one HELL of a day!

"I know I made you promise to look after her a long time ago." Shining said with slight weariness. "Now, I'm asking you, when that day comes, to promise make my little sister the most happiest mare in all of Equestria."

"...The funny thing about love, Shining." Blue eyes looked to me curiously, my heart speaking for me with my brain currently on meltdown, regarding the beautiful object in my hand with great care. "It's not just an expression of affection. It's a promise... And I made that same promise a long time ago."

There was no further prompting needed. Cyan eyes gazed upwards with a tiny grin, my heart soaring in sheer joy at the clear trust and pride this stallion felt for his friend and my affections to his Goddess-like sister.

"You never needed to ask, Shining." I closed the box gently. "I would boil myself alive before ever hurting your beautiful sister. Never again."

The stallion blinked... Then beamed, his grin wider than mine in practical joy and relief, as I put the box in the inner pockets of my cape. "You don't know how much that means to me." Oh I think I have a good enough idea- Agh! Now he was giving me a bone-crushing hug, the pair of laughing despite my own pain at the choking embrace. "I'll say this a thousand times, regardless how you feel about it; but thank you, Stardust Balance, thank you for everything you've done for my family!"

I could only bring out one, meaningful word. "Always."

Well, this certainly confirms the damnation of all of Equestria, eh?

Ah go [BEEP] yourself; I'm the happiest mother[BEEP]er on the planet right now, right next to this ecstatic unicorn hugging me to death.

Very nice 👏👏👏 Looks like we both have a special ring to hold onto

Yay!!! *wedding March plays*

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3