Monster Mares 591 members · 509 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Robipony
Group Admin

As the title suggests what are you opinions on Batpony Mares? Are they merely ponies or are they monstrous enough to count as monster mares?

Do the bat characteristics count or do they need something more?

I suppose they should, as they should act more like bats than they do ponies.

I personally don’t think so.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I love both Bat Ponies and Vamponies, and yes, they are similar, but the problem with making bat ponies a monster pony is that it depends on the author and what THEY believe bat ponies do. Some think that bat ponies love a nice tasty mango, others believe that they drink blood and fruits are just an alternative (From what I know, there is only one bat species that actually sucks blood, and that is the Vampire Bat, which only drinks blood from cattle). So, I wouldn’t personally mind if bat ponies were made into monster ponies, just that there are some difficulties on what makes them a monster, is it their physical features only, or is it what they do/ need to do to survive/ live that needs to also be taken into account?

Also, what about Vamponies? Would they lose their flow if bat ponies became monster ponies? In some ways, the two look similar, but that is mainly the eye shapes, and if the vamponies can fly, then the bat wings.

From the show and what we can gather that aren’t fan theories, bat ponies can only fly, they don’t have horns and they typically only have bat wings, but this is an assumption since bat ponies have only appeared... as far I as I can remember... once?

Robipony
Group Admin

6800005 Exactly. Like I can see how vamponies could work for monsters. Bat ponies could, however the show seems to hint that they might just be a subspecies.

Yeah, and also, it’d be a pain to have both Vamponies and Bat Ponies, since they are similar upon first glance, so it can easily confuse someone looking for Vamponies, and find a story that is just about bat ponies instead.

And yeah, they are kinda hinted at being a subspecies since they really haven’t made any other appearances other than that one time (I don’t think Flutterbat counts since she was transformed into a bat/vampony and wasn’t one naturally)

Robipony
Group Admin

6800021 yeah that could be confusing.

I will say I do consider Flutterbat to be a monster mare.:raritywink:

So out of curiosity, what additional/other traits would a "bat pony" have to take on to be considered a monster mare? :pinkiesmile:

Hm...I don’t think I can really add much or anything at all since if I do, the things I think of adding would just make them vamponies...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7