Monster Mares 591 members · 509 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Badwolf1175
Group Admin

If a pony turns into a werewolf will they classify as a predictor? and if so would this just be in werewolf form or pony form as well.

I'm not even sure it would be called a werewolf, because it derives from "were" meaning man, as in human. It would be logical to assume ponies may become afflicted with lycanthropy, though they wouldn't go by "werewolf". Maybe something along the lines of "Equwolf" or something.

Robipony
Group Admin

Do you mean a predator? I would think, yes that taking on wolven characteristics would make them a predator. That is what would make such an aspect perhaps frightening/revolting for the mare afflicted with the disease/curse.

It is the exploration of these concepts that can make such a story very intriguing.

6792376 To be fair werewolf is kind of one of those terms that seems to jump species barriers in various shows/cartoons. Though Equwolf does sound pretty cool/unique. :pinkiesmile:

Badwolf1175
Group Admin

Sorry I wrote the blog on my IPhone which has a crack on the screen and sometimes the crack mess with my writing by writing things I never pressed or not writing stuff at all.

Robipony
Group Admin

I will say though, the word predictor is an actual word, meaning someone who... Predicts the future.

Which could be an interesting concept where the mare can predict the future but immediately afterwards the turn into a werewolf (or Equwolf). You could have a story where the mare is trying to solve a mystery (perhaps a series of murders, that have no connection to her wolven traits), however if she uses her foresight she might also given into her ravenous hunger.

Would solving the mystery be worth the potential bloodbath that could follow. Only the author can decide.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6