On Known Creatures 105 members · 30 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
SwordTune
Group Admin

We know Equestria has hydras and manticores. But Hunter's Path is not our Equestria. Thousands of years ago more monsters roamed the land and, to protect themselves, ponies had to hire professional hunters. Monster hunters were known throughout Equestria for their combative prowess, but among their ranks they knew it wasn't the strong hunters who survived, but the ones who understood their prey the best.

Paxwing
Group Admin

Why is this posted here? This isn't a document on any of the categories, which are listed in the bio of the group. Which you should've read before you posted.

SwordTune
Group Admin

The Witcher series includes a bestiary that provide information about its monsters. A similar concept is currently being made for the story, listing information about the monsters mentioned in the story. Additionally, since the protagonist is a monster hunter, the plot largely revolves around her encounters with them and how they are defeated. I don't think pure documentation of monsters should be so rigid as to forbid a story entirely based on the concept of understanding a wilderness full of said monsters.

Paxwing
Group Admin

Ah, I'm sorry. I've only read through the first chapter, and I didn't realise that it was based on the Witcher series. And, this group doesn't get very much activity, barely any, so I haven't had the incentive to think over these things. Many apologies!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4