SunLight 650 members · 446 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

[Note: This thread has been posted across multiple groups with the express permission of Jondor and SweetAI Belle]

About SunLight Sliders II:

SunLight Sliders II is a collaborative romantic comedy starring Sci-Twi and Sunset Shimmer as they jump between parallel dimensions of both Equestria and the Equestria Girls version of Earth where each contributor will write their own chapter, picking up from where the previous author left off.

Contributor Requirements:

• Authors must have at least one story published on FimFiction.
  • If an author does not have one published story, they may private message a moderator with a link to a Google Doc with a sample of their writing.
  • Admin Team reserve the right to decline anyone's request to contribute to SunLight Sliders 2.
  • Notifications will be sent through FimFiction and Discord when it’s time to write.

Current Story Prompt (December 1 2017):

The original SunLight Sliders ended with the human Twilight Sparkle sitting in her room, only to be interrupted by an unstable portal erupting into existence and a bloody and bruised Sunset Shimmer stumbling out with a damaged Talisman/TPT. Sunset gasps for help before she falls unconscious and Twilight catches her as she falls.

SunLight Sliders II picks up immediately and will feature this couple.

The Basics:

• Signups begin December 1, 2017.
  • Signups close December 18, 2017.
  • Author Writing Order will be announced December 27, 2017.
  • SunLight Sliders II will kick off on January 1, 2018.
  • Anyone wanting to join after signups are closed will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
  • Each author will have 3 days (72 hours) to write their chapter to the ongoing story.
  • Each chapter must be 1,000-1,500 words, with a maximum of 2,000 words.
  • The first and last chapters have a maximum of 3,000 words.

Content:

• Keep the story T-rated or lower.
  • Avoid gore or grimdark themes. Remember, this is supposed to be a shippy comedy!
  • No crossovers with other shows/animes/books/etc except for the MLP comics (of course). In addition, no Anon/HiE/Displaced-style characters.

Chapters:

• It is up to each author how they want to present their part of the story, although they should make an attempt to flow smoothly.
  • Authors may not reuse any original character, universe or organization described in the original SunLight Sliders. (No Accord, dimension-spanning Tirek, going back to a universe established in the first novel, etc.).
  • Authors should do their best to not require the next author to stay in the current world.
  • When possible, make it easy for the next author to jump into a new universe.
  • Authors must follow the previous chapter’s story before continuing. Don’t jump scenes without a transition between the previous one.
  • Try to keep the style to third-person limited. The difference between third person limited and omniscient can be found here.

Oh come on, I've seen how much Sunny and Twi you do. I was sure you'd love it. :duck:

Perhaps. Give me a couple days to read the original and recharge. I did just come out of month of multiple daily uploads. Fifteen hundred is kind of my bread and butter.

Heh. I pulled off just shy of 81K for NaNoWriMo. Take your time!

and Ideas are already forming, pending revision after I read.

I blame you for this, N.I.

Cryosite
Group Admin

I fixed one of your story cover arts for you.

You shouldn't have! :rainbowderp:

Cryosite
Group Admin

You're welcome. Please enjoy responsibly.

Wait... is the Sunset Shimmer who travels with Sci-Twi the human version of her world or a different version from another world??

We don’t know yet!

I wish I could colaberate but I'm new. I had an idea where there be could be a council of Sunlights like from Rick and Morty.

You're actually not the first to come up with that! DrakeyC pitched that idea as a potential launching point, but we decided to go with the hook from SLS1. If you have a sample of your writing and want to join, please sent it along!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14