The Rejuvenationverse 48 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Purple Patch
Group Admin

With Pegasopolis in the hooves of Boreas Caesar’s kith and kin, the realm seemed ready to breathe a sigh of relief.
But though the fields and streets of a land freed from war were always a cheerful and peaceful place to see, houses of government were at their most chaotic.
The Senate was still a powerful faction, many of their members still very sympathetic to Gladius and Cactus.
Pansy granted Cirrostratus amnesty, as her father had often done to surrendered enemies, and the old senator asked to advise her on senate matters. The mare accepted.
Cirrostratus then tutored her for a time, assuring her that, while she may have loved her father, his crimes against the Republic could not have been overlooked and that Gladius and Cactus had acted for the good of the realm.
He promised her that he would get the Senate to support her ascension to Consula Magna (A mare in power was not unprecedented, though it was uncommon and seen by many as unorthodox) provided she grant Gladius and Cactus amnesty, remove Nimbus and Hurricane from power, have those loyal to Caesar punished for his treason and reaffirm the original laws and tenants of the Senate and its values.
Pansy accepted, saying nothing to Hurricane and Nimbus.
So Cirrostratus gathered the Senate as Pansy took the Magnate’s seat and made her first proclamation.
Records were always taken at meetings such as these and while few still remain, this particular meeting’s records survive and are quoted here.

Senator Cirrostratus: What an auspicious day. Many gave their lives so that we may stand here once again, united in the government of a lawful Republic. And how fitting that we welcome this new beginning by swearing in the youngest Consula in the history of Pegasopolis, Viola Melania Hortensia.
(Applause. Consula Magna Viola Melania Hortensia [Pansy] is seated)
Consula: Esteemed Senators. I take this moment before you not to glorify myself but to honour my father. In his honour I declare that my term as Consula will usher in a new era, an era of moral virtue, of dignity. The debauchery and chaos we have endured shall now end. Pegasopolis shall be again as she once was. A proud republic of virtuous mares and honest stallions.
(Applause)
I speak to you now, not as a soldier or citizen but as a grieving daughter. As my first act as Consula in this reborn Republic and in honour of my father, I propose a motion. To declare Dorsus Gladius and Hazardus Cactus murderers and enemies of the state.
(Rumble of concern and disagreement. Senator Cirrostratus stands and approaches Consula)
Senator Cirrostratus: My dear girl, this is not what we agreed.
Consula: It is not. Nevertheless, here we are.
Senator Cirrostratus: Gladius and Cactus still have many friends. You will split the chamber! The unity of the Republic-
Consula: Step away from my chair.
(Senator Cirrostratus is silent, eyes the Consula and returns to his seat with a look of ill-health. The Consula stands)
My father died on this floor. Right there. (Points to the Altar of Nephele to the right of the Senate Entrance) He wore no armour and bore no blade. Yet he was stabbed twenty-three times. Butchered by ponies he called his friends! Who will tell me that is not murder?!
(Several Senators stand and voice disagreement. Enter Legatus Ventus Tempestuous Hyracanus [Hurricane] and Legatus Dextrus Ferrus Caputis [Ironhead] and their guard)
Who will tell my legions, who loved Caesar as I did, that is not murder?
(Legates and guard draw swords. The Senate is silent)
Who will speak against the motion?
(The Senate is silent. The motion is carried)

She’d certainly made an impact. She was the ruthless political mastermind the Senate all feared her father was and she about to take the power he would have let them keep.
She would avenge Boreas Caesar by any means necessary.
Pansy expected retribution to come fast and hoping to minimalize their immediate effect on government, Pansy proposed a triumvirate, a practice that had worked well for the Republic in the absence of a stallion similar to Boreas Caesar.
Nimbus agreed. He proposed the members be himself, Pansy and an influential but unimposing figure named Cadaverous Rictus who’d stood for Caesar in the Senate and had always found ways to finance and justify his campaigns.
Hurricane’s omission from the Triumvirate did not go amiss and Pansy insisted Hurricane take her place.
When Nimbus objected, she feigned ignorance of the ways of politics claiming ‘It is hardly a mare’s place to seat a council of kings. How could I possibly find argument with such a valiant steed as my husband?’. Flattery, evidently, worked like a charm on Nimbus but scholars believe it was also directed at Hurricane. He would be the one who found argument. Pansy did not trust Nimbus and her marriage to him made limiting his power difficult. She was ordering Hurricane, as her father had done, to root out her enemies.

But Nimbus was already well aware of the young stallion’s enmity towards him. He had the perfect spy- Hurricane’s own step-mother, Eura Subsolana. Whether he seduced her or vice versa remains unclear but she found no great shame in undoing what Hurricane, Pansy, Caesar or even her husband set out to do.
It was Pansy that was Eura’s target. With Hurricane unofficially seen as Caesar’s adopted son, Pansy spent a great deal of time in his household. Her charismatic image and the kindness and geniality she treated others with made Eura appear substandard. She wished to mitigate her influence over her social circle, show others that she was only a great stallion’s daughter and not, in herself, a great mare.
However, while Hurricane found this difficult to deal with, Pansy assured him, time and again, that what Nimbus and Eura did behind closed doors was of no immediate relevance. What mattered was the safety and security of the realm.
Begrudgingly, Hurricane attended the meeting of the Triumvirate where the three rulers drew up their first agreement.

It was obvious that the three of them could not rule Pegasopolis at once. They would only confuse and contradict each other. So it was decided that the Pegasus dominion to the east would be split into three.
It would not be a question of resources. All revenue would be transported to the capital and divided and distributed fairly and properly between them. Only the lands and their governing would be the matter at hoof.
Hurricane would govern the northern territories, a near impossible task having to contend with the same kingdoms that brought Gluteus Maximus to fetlock, now united and more powerful than ever.
Rictus would govern the southern territories, little more than a hoof-full of islands and several miles of desert and mountains, dull but quiet.
And Nimbus would govern the central territories, Enigma among them, were most of the real power was.
Hurricane did not object but informed Pansy as much. Pansy then ordered him to simply wait. Nimbus would show his true colours in time.

Eventually, Nimbus was met by the Emperor of Tambelon himself, Gelgrim the Cunning. Gelgrim made Nimbus a proposition. One of Gelgrim’s port cities had risen against him and he wished there to be no escape for the resistance when his armies crushed them. He asked for two pegasus legions to watch the sea from the air and pick off any stragglers. In return, Nimbus was offered a substantial bribe of treasures, oils and slaves.
So Nimbus sent the legions.
It was here that Hurricane made his move. While aiding a foreign power was not illegal or even uncommon, Nimbus had broken the agreement of the Triumvirate. He had kept the bribe for himself rather than send it to Pegasopolis for distribution. Hurricane then declared Nimbus a traitor to his own creed and vetoed his authority.

The chaos of the government in Pegasopolis, however, drew Gladius and Cactus once more into the fold, attacking from the north-east. When Hurricane declared the legions needed assembly, Nimbus nonchalantly informed him that his own legions were busy and that the north-eastern territories, even those on the banks of the capital itself, were Hurricane’s responsibility.
Bereft of choice, Hurricane took his forces and held off against the conspirator’s forces but were defeated at every turn, Hurricane himself taking a grave wound and being confined to bed for a week.
In this time, he was met by Eura Subsolana who he addressed with scorn, knowing her part in Nimbus’s power-craze. His step-mother tearfully admitted that, while guilty to playing him, she had never wanted him dead or as close as he’d come to in this battle, claiming Nimbus and her would make amends and would look out for him from then on.
Hurricane, it’s said, reluctantly forgave her.
But after Eura left her tent, Pansy entered it, saying his step-mother couldn’t be trusted. She’d discovered how he’d been defeated. Nimbus had cornered Cirrostratus and allowed him to write to Gladius and Cactus, revealing Hurricane’s strategy and weak-points to them in an attempt to get rid of him. He had used Eura's influence with the social circles to get close to the old stallion. Of course, Nimbus had now imprisoned Cirrostratus for this treachery, having cut out his tongue, and was presently hurrying to rescue Hurricane from danger, surely earning yet more of the crowd’s love, him appearing the hero and Hurricane appearing the incompetent. His charisma was his greatest weapon and if it was challenged, neither Pansy nor Hurricane would survive.
Hurricane confessed that he felt Pansy was the only pegasus in the city he could trust. Pansy admitted the same about him.

And then they bucked.

In all seriousness, that is by all accounts what happened. They lay with each other through the night and did so for four days afterwards. Pansy was the one who initiated this intercourse, however.
And like many things she did, an ulterior motive underlay.

When the combined armies of the Triumvirate assembled, they met Gladius and Cactus’s armies and crushed them. Cactus was fatally wounded and died in Gladius’s forehooves, apologising for dooming his friend in such a way.
Gladius then removed his armour, walked into the battlefield with only a sword, approached Hurricane’s legions and died in very much the same way he had slain Boreas Caesar, accepting his death as his final amendment.
So ended the life of Dorsus Gladius, a stallion we still do not know whether to praise or curse to this day.

A triumph was then planned for Nimbus who had rushed to the aid of the young Hurricane. However, before the triumph could be scheduled, Pansy invited Nimbus, Hurricane, Eura and several leading members of the senate and legions for a celebratory dinner.
When all were gathered, she struck her final blow.
She ordered a record-keeper for this climactic event. As follows...

Pansy: Esteemed senators, bold commanders, honoured guests, thank you all for attending. Please make yourselves at home, we have so much to celebrate. Enjoy all that the sons and daughters of Caesar have to offer here in his Republic.
Rictus: We thank you, profusely, my lady. Your father would be very proud.
Nimbus: You’ve certainly outdone yourself, darling. And here I was worrying you’d have nothing to do.
Eura: Yes, the décor is quite something. I imagine your servants haven’t slept in days.
Pansy: I’m so pleased it is to your liking. But before we indulge ourselves, there are some congratulations that I am certain are in order.
Nimbus: Oh no more, my dear, I insist. I’m already up to my neck in praise, let’s keep it brief.
Pansy: Oh I’m certain there’ll be time for that later, my love. I was referring to our brave friend Hurricane, who I would like to personally congratulate on his astonishing prowess these last few days of which I am thoroughly awed and eternally grateful. (Applause)
Eura: Hear, hear! Such a brave colt!
Rictus: Absolutely.
Nimbus: Yes, yes, I’m sure.
Hurricane: (Sullen) Please, my lady, mother, honoured guests, there is no need. I merely did my duty...and failed even in that.
Eura: Oh, he’s always been far too modest.
Pansy: No, no, sir. You’re mistaken. I was not referring your performance on the battlefield. (Seated) I was referring to your performance in bed.
(Silence but for the shatter of several wine-glasses)
Nimbus: ...What?
Eura: You...you mean...
Hurricane: M-m-my lady...S-s-surely you jest.
Pansy: (Jovial) Oh I would never jest about your love-making skills, my sweet, steaming stud. Nimbus’s certainly but you...quite astonishing. In five nights, while frail from wounds and drowsy from medicine, you brought me more pleasure than my husband ever has even in his most virile moods.
(Nervous whimper from Hurricane)
Nimbus: (Enraged) WHAT?!?!
Rictus: Is this true?!
Pansy: Most earnestly. He’s made me very happy. Exhausted, but happy. A round of applause, please. Hurricane the Vigorous!
Hurricane: Oh sweet Nephele!
Nimbus: You’ve been bucking my wife?!
Eura: You’ve been bucking my son?!
Pansy: Frequently. Tell me, my fine plough-herd, what was our last count? Forty, fifty?
(Hurricane is seized at the throat by Nimbus)
Nimbus: You...little...bastard!
Hurricane: Now hold on a moment, she doesn’t speak for both of us.
Pansy: Sixty-two, that was it.
(Nimbus punches Hurricane across the muzzle, sending him sprawling)
Nimbus: I will have your balls sliced off and burned on the Altar of Alecto when this is over! And you! (Points a hoof at Pansy)
Pansy: Put that hoof down, I’m sick of you pointing ugly things in my face.
Nimbus: Silence! You think you can mock me?! Humiliate me?! I won’t suffer it, do you hear me?! I will not suffer it!
Eura: Get up! (Seizes Hurricane off the floor and slaps him twice) You vile little colt! She’s practically your own sister! Born of a slave-mare! You disgust me! Both of you!
Pansy: Goodness. That is an achievement. The two of us, together for four days, disgust a couple who for four years have taken part in a sordid affair, one that nearly toppled the republic, purely to spite and degrade the two young ponies they now spit upon with such open disgust.
(Silence)
Rictus: Um...I’m a little confused.
Nimbus: (To Rictus) Shut up, you! (To Pansy) What are you playing at?
Pansy: Now you ask? Now you’re curious. Fighting and whoring every hour of your days and now you wonder what I was doing. I am not the foolish, spoiled filly you two hoped I was. I am not only the daughter of Aquilus Boreas Caesar, I am also his heir. And as his heir, I will see his dream of unity and prosperity fulfilled. I know the two of you conspired to destroy our influence in the Republic. I know you and Cirrostratus aided Dorsus Gladius and Hazardus Cactus in Hurricane’s defeat. You willingly conspired with enemies of the state. Do you deny it?
Nimbus: I’ll not be interrogated by you!
Pansy: Do you deny it?
Nimbus: Go buck your little colt over there and mind your own business!
Pansy: Do you deny it?!
Eura: Of course he denies it! Alright, alright, we were together but we would never aid those murdering traitors! Tell them, Hurricane! Tell them!
Hurricane: (Pause) I’m sorry, mother. I could take the two of you together. Honestly. Mocking me, smothering me, keeping me a foal you could just shut away. That I can forgive. And doing the same to Pansy. Even that I can overlook. But I stood with my legions out there, defending the city from those who murdered the stallion I called my father...And you sent them to their deaths. I will not allow their betrayal to go unpunished. Not this time.
Eura: (Stunned)...Hurricane...
Rictus: Sir, is this true? Did you send word to Gladius and Cactus?
Nimbus: What does it matter? They’re dead now!
Rictus: Yes, but is this true?!
Pansy: Tell them!
Nimbus: Alright, fine! So what if it is true?! What are you going to do?! I have the legions. I have the money. I have all the central provinces. I have everything you think daddy left to you. There is nothing you can do to me.
Pansy: (Smiling) You are quite wrong, husband of mine. I will be sending Eura Subsolana back to the house of her parent’s family where she shall remain, under house arrest, until I deem otherwise.
Eura: (Standing) I’ll do no such thing!
Pansy: Silence.
Eura: You think you can command me, you stupid little nag, you-
(Hurricane stands and slaps Eura Subsolana across the muzzle. There is silence)
Hurricane: How dare you address Boreas Caesar’s daughter and heir in such a manner! You are being given a command. Sit down and shut up.
(Eura looks at Hurricane, then to Nimbus, then to Pansy, and sits down, silent)
Pansy: Thank you, Hurricane. Turbo Tornadius Nimbus, you shall leave for the central territories. And you shall not return to Pegasopolis without my expressed permission.
Nimbus: Or what, nag!
(Hurricane steps toward Nimbus before Pansy raises a forehoof for pause)
Pansy: If you refuse my command, I will declare the Triumvirate at an end.
Rictus: Now just a moment-
Nimbus: Good riddance!
Pansy: And...I will have this sordid tale spread across the entire domain. Told in every forum, every tavern, every square inch of cloud in our Republic. And you will learn that ponies are not so negligent with their wives as you were. They will say you were cuckolded. (Nimbus’s smile fades) They will say your wife grew tired of you and betrayed you with a lowborn legionary under your own tent. You will be a figure of mockery. The plebs will laugh at you in the street. Your legions will mock you behind your back. Every mare you meet will believe you impotent. Your triumph a week from now will be announced by the raucous laughter of the entire city. Turbo Tornadius Nimbus, the peerless war-hero who lost the battle for his own wife.
(Nimbus, enraged, seizes Pansy by the throat. There is no fear in her eyes. Silence)
Go ahead. Strike me. See what happens.
(Pause. Nimbus slowly retracts his hooves, lowers his gaze and leaves the room)
Oh and you still owe Rictus and Hurricane that share of Tambelon’s gift. You will pay it in the morning before you leave.
(Nimbus is silent)
That will be all.

The next day, her commands were carried out to the letter.
The Founder’s Texts famously state that Pansy fought without ever drawing a sword.
Never was any unarmed pony quite so deadly.

Bronycommander
Group Contributor

Sometimes, words are deadlier than Weapons. A great and beave Act.

Dragonborne Fox
Group Contributor

6277929 Ten bits says Nimbus tried everything he did to compensate for impotency and something else related to that impotency. (Hint: not tied in any way outside the bedroom to pleasing Pansy.)

Purple Patch
Group Admin

Oh you'll find out how he compensated very soon...

Dragonborne Fox
Group Contributor

6278682 I can hear it now, "It was the size of my left front molar!"

Purple Patch
Group Admin

Ouch!
Well, there's not a whole lot of likelihood he was impotent, seeing as he had affairs with numerous mares of power, Eura and Cataclysma among them. But when his famous virility was mocked, he was at his most irrational and easier to predict.
Pansy knew this and capitalised on it.
Using her own adultery as a weapon before anypony else could. She was a master of domestic strategy.

Dragonborne Fox
Group Contributor

6279032 I can hear the dick jokes amongst those he copulated with during that time. And all at his expense.

Cherry-Lei
Group Contributor

I don't know what Roman, Biblical or Greek histories inspired you, I loved the story it's a good read

Purple Patch
Group Admin

Actually, it's mostly Rome HBO. :twilightblush:
Pansy's based off Octavian, someone who genuinely cares for those under her rule and will do all they can to keep them safe...
By any means necessary.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9