Melodious Falcons 202 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

This is still one of my favorite of Weird Al's newer songs. :rainbowlaugh:

What about you all? Got any favorite song parodies courtesy of Mr. Yankovic?

narusakufan
Group Contributor

Definitely a 3-way tie with Flintstones, Star Wars and Amish Paradise

FourShadow
Group Admin

Probably the Sports Song. It is hilarious as hell, I still wanna see it performed in a real school just for shits and giggles... and ironically the lyrics perfectly capture the horrible spirit of the Friendship Games.

We're great (We're great!)
And you suck (You suck!)
You see there's us (We're great)
And then there's you (You suck!)

You can say that the lyrics basically sum up sports in general. :rainbowlaugh: Because that's basically the ethos I witnessed in pretty much exposure I've ever had to sports fans in my life. XD

NicLove
Group Contributor

These are my favorites

"Eat It"
"Like a Surgeon"
"Fat"
"My Bologna"
"I Lost on Jeopardy"
"Money for Nothing/Beverly Hillbillies"
"Smells Like Nirvana"
"I Want a New Duck"

Sipioc
Group Contributor

7333065Not a parody but weird Al goodness

narusakufan
Group Contributor

Nice. I love them all

NicLove
Group Contributor

Oh, plenty of classic ones I see! I've a fondness for a bunch of those songs as well - "Fat" and "Eat It" were two favorites of mine when I first started listening to Al's music in earnest. "Smells Like Nirvana" is another favorite too (ironically, I've never listened to or sought out Nirvana's music, so I honestly can't draw much of a comparison :twilightsheepish: )

lordalexander74
Group Contributor

Tacky holds a special place in my heart. Only got into Weird Al's work cause of MLP. Bought a VIP ticket to one of his Mandatory Fun tours, was my first major concert event in... ever I think. Couple Broadway style plays in my youth, nothing like a crammed concert hall.
Anyways, seeing Al prance around the venue singing Tacky and pestering attendees was amazing. Definitely worth it. Got a picture with him and a Cheese Sandwich trading card signed, though I didn't say anything to him.

A close runner up is his live performances of Wanna B ur Lovr

I'm listing the songs I grew up on. I do hope that the younger crowd listens to his classics and the thing about "My Bologna" it was his first hit back when he was featured on Dr. Demento's radio show.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12