Flashfic 253 members · 77 stories
Comments ( 51 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 51

The penultimate paragraph is nice due to the clues it leaves. The "solitary" monument denotes (in my interpretation) a single pony. That pony being apple-related by the apple-blossoms/TREES. Then, Twilight sighs at the grave. Significantly, Twilight has not sighed prior to this point in the story, so we can guess that the prior four sighs were at four other graves. Who is part of a set of five ponies Twilight was closely linked to and is apple-related? Applejack. Because she was part of Twilight's five mane friends and her name has "apple" and she farms apples on an apple orchard and not to mention her parents were buried under an apple tree, and her cutey mark is apples, and because of all this apples have a great significance to her, etc.

I have to thank you for explaining this. A detailed analysis that could have been by me, but with my current mental state of not being able to notice subtleties, I wouldn't have understood it by myself, least not anytime soon, and not without your explanation here.

I didn't expect that there is so much interesting history behind your flashfic. I love it when things like these are shared, seeing how a story developed over time. :heart:

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 51