Flashfic 253 members · 77 stories
Comments ( 52 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 52

Thanks for the feedback! One thing's slightly confusing me here, though: the opening quote is from my request for a better title, but the reply itself seems directed towards my conversation with Mockingbirb Mockingbirb about what Discord's "true form" would actually look like.

Yup! I had no idea you were looking for title ideas.

In the latter's case, perhaps having her equate it to a bunch of stitched-together taxidermies would convey its violation of her sensibilities (as well as the "repulsive horror story" concept you mentioned)?

That would work well, I think. Maybe if she saw aspects of the animals she takes care of/has taken care of in Discord, it could be even worse? That way Discord isn't simply an amalgamation abomination, he also has parts to emphasize with!

you have some great ideas!

You flatter me! Not all of them are mine. While I was coming up with the imagery, I was tuning into this video, and the Misbegotten/Fell Omen is where the "Bleeding Horn Stumps" came from.

could I have your permission to consider integrating those excerpts somehow?

You have my enthusiastic permission!

The problem then is that you spent your joke up front and didn't develop it any more.

Develop it more...? Hmm...

I don't know what the message is. That Trixie doesn't normally have contraband, but they searched her the one day she did? That's the most obvious explanation, and would be implied by the prompt, I guess, but it comes across more as she had some dire need for the eyes, and I don't know what that is. Without that context, it's more a scene than a story, but if the obvious explanation is the correct one, then it doesn't have the setup to carry a message.

Yes, your assumption is correct. This was indeed a scene for the larger story (that I didn't even fleshed out, much less wrote) where Trixie has to buy some rare things on a time limit and eyes is the only thing a trader would accept. Sadly, I was unable to squeeze that info into the word limit.

this whole entry is riddled with typos. If you write any other flash fics, try passing them by me, I can give you some tips on writing proper English.

Thanks for the offer. Maybe I will take advantage of it in the future. I'm not a native English speaker, so I use Grammarly. But, apparently, sometimes this isn't enough.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 52