The Nightmare Factory 110 members · 244 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Lighttone GryphonStar
Group Contributor

Hey, I'm stuck on a scene for a recent chapter to my story Journey To Hearth's Warming. I want to make my main villain first exit perfectly filled with intimidation and plenty of fear so the readers can remember him. Being that he's a wendigo I thought the best idea would be a good placed gore scene. I've written up every part leading up to the gore scene, but now I'm stuck. I can't figure out which idea sounds more serious, intimidating and adds plenty of fear?

1. The villain freezing a character solid and shattering them in multiple very red pieces.

2. The villain ripping off a character's flesh and then later in the story wear the flesh as a pelt.

3: A fusion of 1 and 2 idea only where the villain just freezes the insides to show off once he's removed the flesh.

4: The villain ripping out the character's heart and feeding it to his allies.

5: A fusion or 1 and 4 only when he shatters the corpse the heart is left standing in his hand.

Each scene is happening while the heroes are forced to watch and are unable to stop it because of traps they are in.

Disavowed ASH
Group Admin

Five is for the best, followed by containing his victims soul in that heart. A scene later we can see him in his lair roasting it on a chimney fire ,and eating it with a glass of wine and a side of roasted tomatoes Hannibal Lecter style, fork, knife and other fine advantages of civilized eating.

Cannibalism is perhaps my favorite thing to make a truly dangerous demonic villain. Gives an air of sheer madness even if the character behaves civilized and polite otherwise.

Lighttone GryphonStar
Group Contributor

Ooh, I love your idea. It's settled. 5 it is then. Though I might expand on the ideas you have here with him instead of getting rid of the heart right away he will only freeze the heart enough to sort of make a cold cup after which he holds the heart to his mouth like a wine glass and drinks every drop of ice cold blood. Later he takes it to his base and cuts the heart into pieces to share with his allies. This final part goes perfectly well with another scene I have planned where he shows how loyal his allies are by having them eat the same things he does.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3