Single Writers 309 members · 2,582 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

So I’m stuck on with writing the next chapter of my story Child Of Wonder.

So in the last chapter, Applejack and her daughter went to go see Rainbow Dash.

But now I need ideas for what to do next, if you haven’t read that story yet, I suggest you do before helping me come up with ideas.

I haven't had a chance to read your other prequels yet but by looking at the first chapter. I feel like the events are rushed. You must remember this isn't a comic book where it goes from panel to panel, this is a novel-written story. If you want to entertain your audience, you're going to have to describe events a little slower like painting a picture.

I am having a bit of a hard time describing landscaping or details of where the characters are. However, I make up for this by having more internal dialogue of the characters contemplating their current situation. This way I don't have to worry too much about describing the background as the readers get a more in-depth connection to how the characters thought process works.

Furthermore, the only successful story I have ever written was a story where I knew how it would end. I got the idea from a fan requesting a story and I wrote a story on that topic. Fill in the blanks was the fun part, but without an “End Goal” writing a story can be very difficult. It would be best if you decided how big you want the story to be and what you want to happen by the time the reader gets to the end of the story. The fact that you're having difficulty coming up with ideas for the rest of your story already shows that you do not have an end goal in mind.

This was a similar problem I had often with the first story I've ever written. It was complete nonsense and garbage that had to rewrite it at least 10 times before it became decent. I may not be the best author or editor on this site. But the one thing that kept me going to continue writing stories; Is that I'm personally having fun writing them. If writing the story is not fun then something went wrong.

I hope this helps you move forward with the future development of your story. I'll probably read the prequels later during my lunch breaks. Have a good day.

Yes, I know but I wanted to get it over with, I don’t want to rewrite it.

Comment posted by Artist deleted January 25th

Furthermore, the only successful story I have ever written was a story where I knew how it would end. I got the idea from a fan requesting a story and I wrote a story on that topic. Fill in the blanks was the fun part, but without an “End Goal” writing a story can be very difficult. It would be best if you decided how big you want the story to be and what you want to happen by the time the reader gets to the end of the story. The fact that you're having difficulty coming up with ideas for the rest of your story already shows that you do not have an end goal in mind.

I don’t care what other people think because I know my stories are successful.

I am not saying to rewrite it. I am saying add more detail.

It would seem that you didn't get what I was saying. If the audience doesn't enjoy the experience of reading your story. They won't go out of their way to read it again. It's the same thing when you watch your favorite TV show/Movie. You already know how it ends, but you enjoy the story being told to you over and over again.

The idea is not making a story that will be successful, it's about creating a story that will give people memories.

I’ll have to think about it, OK I thought about it, uhh, no, I don’t want to add more detail. I like it the way it is..

Then I will leave you be. I hope you find what you are looking for. Have a good day.:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9