Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Milo_Chalks
Group Admin

Title: Holy Crap It’s a Lawnmower in Equestria
Author: TheMajorTechie
Amount Read: All
Verdict: 2.5/10 Reject

Alright, I totally get that this fic is not meant to be taken seriously, it’s a crackfic. BUT! That doesn’t excuse poor writing for the purposeful sake of poor writing. I know I’ll regret saying this… but there is such thing as a… good trollfic if you’d believe it. Trust me, I’ve seen it with my own two eyes. But sadly it’s a procedure so often looked over that I have genuinely given up. Good grammar, good technical, easy to read, and clever, interesting, light-hearted. I don’t care how much you wanna troll people, or how absurd your idea is, it still needs to be well written, that’s the whole point of writing, troll or not. It’s meant to entertain in a particular way, that being through absurdity and stupidity, and there are ways of pulling this off with grace and cleverness. But this fic is not one of those.

The writing is flat out bizzare, and I know that you intended it like that, I’ve seen your other stuff, you’re genuinely a great writer, so there is not even that excuse. You could have applied yourself and made this just an outrageous and bizarre idea but with good writing and clever jokes, maybe some quips, but instead you chose to follow the path of 95% of crack/troll fics out there and honestly, that just kind of speaks for itself. I really wanna see some of your better writing in here and I’d love to seriously help you out and review it, but as for this fic, I sadly have to reject it.

-Milo

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1