Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
OkemosBrony
Group Admin

Title: Pegasus by Grand_Moff_Pony
Amount Read: All
Verdict: Reject (5.5/10)
Reason:

EQG and MLP have at this point grown into virtually two different worlds, where having elements of both is not far away from being a crossover. For that I thought this story was interesting, but beyond that, I feel it fell flat.

The plot is a rather simple one, with Rainbow Dash taking an airplane and thinking about the Pegasi in Equestria that Twilight has described to her. The main downfall of it, however, is just that there’s so very little of it. Nearly half the story is just Rainbow talking to some guy next to her on the plane, and it’s as slice-of-life as it comes. It’s all just small talk, sans a few sentences setting up Rainbow being able to humanize airplanes more. Then there’s a little bit of her envisioning planes as ponies, and it comes back to being a slice of life. The actual plot of the story is so rarely touched on, it feels more like a small snapshot of some regular person’s life than a story. I get it, “But that’s what a slice of life is!” Yes, but you still want something to happen to the characters, and what does happen doesn’t feel very impactful.

Like I said, though, I thought this mixed the two different worlds well. EQG and MLP are both growing independently of each other, and it feels as if the two are separating further and further nearly every day. This, however, brings them back together. Or, at least, shows us that they’re not entirely separate worlds. Rainbow Dash is thinking about certain things she’s been told about a world she’s never been to, and letting her imagination fill in the rest. I think that’s a very interesting prompt, and one that makes you imagine what else the characters in EQG think about Equestria.

However, like I said, I think the story ultimately fell flat. While it had an interesting concept, it wasn’t talked about enough and even when it was, it didn’t really change Rainbow’s way of thinking or give her a whole lot of new perspective on the world. For that main reason, I am rejecting it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1