Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Clown Torres
Group Admin

Whenever someone might say "WW3 will start when either Trump or Hillary is President", "WW3 is going to start soon, because the media said so", or "WW3 is going to happen, because my opinion is fact"

Alright, first of all, one person is not going to spark a global conflict. Second, the media will always say retarded things, just to get ratings. Finally, your opinion is your opinion not fact.

Let's look back at the causes of the previous World Wars.

WW1- It was caused by an assassination of an Austrian Duke, the sinking of the Lusintania, rivalry between the great powers of Europe, and some others

WW2- Impacts from the Great Depression, Hitler rising to power while disregarding treaties, The Japanese Empire occupying lands in East Asia, and Germany invades Poland and you know the whole story.

Do you really think those things will happen again in Modern times?

Also, I found this that will add light to the anti-WW3 trend

In addition to that, if you played games like Fallout, Tom Clancy's Endwar, and any games that involves WW3. Do we face any problems like those games right now? I haven't seen any.
Forget I said those.

But if there is going to be global conflict, it wouldn't be what you would expect. It would be a lighter version of the Cold war or fortunate chance it would end up as a "Yo Momma" fight between politicians.

So in short, World War 3 is already over before it began without the guns, the bombs, and weapons we built.

What are we going to do with them?

Well give them to future military space program. We need Space Marines after all.

RedShirt047
Group Admin

I agree with you up to this point.

Well give them to future military space program. We need Space Marines after all.

Clearly we should retool for our stuff for the defense systems on deep space exploration ships.

Clown Torres
Group Admin

That and the right gear when we are about to deal with a hostile insectoid species.

RedShirt047
Group Admin

Actually the posting of the Daedalus class was a reference to the fact that nukes (or a variant of them) were still frontline weapons into the 22nd century and lasers were still deployed on/with starships into the 23rd century; long after the introduction of plasma and particle beam weapons in Star Trek.

Starship Trooper's logic still confuses me.
Mostly how the hell are those asteroids a threat to Earth over interstellar distances. Even if they were traveling 99% the speed of light they'd still take 4 years to get to us.
Which raises even more questions since why were we getting asteroids sent our way decades (likely centuries) before conflict with the bugs occurred. Also it may not be a good idea to use ships that look like giant marital aids and have bridge towers.

Eh, I've never been one for large scale ground ops in sci-fi. I'm much more of a 'hit them from orbit' kind of guy.

RedShirt047
Group Admin

China is has also been tearing itself apart internally for years now, has an incredibly unstable market, some of the worst corruption on the planet, almost no allies, and that massive water issue they've been having for years now.

No idea where the aging thing comes from. Or even how you would measure something like that.

Clown Torres
Group Admin

Yeah, I used that reference in the wrong case, now that I realized it.

RedShirt047
Group Admin

WW1- Was an inevitable clash between a rising power (Germany/Russia) and an aging power (France/Austria).

Err.. what? That's... an interesting way to put it.

RedShirt047
Group Admin

has worsening race relations

Media makes it out worse than it actually is. We're nowhere near 60s-70s levels.

some of the worst corruption on the planet

There's no evidence of that. And I see what you're going to be doing with this. Going to stop this madness here before you try to give me an ulcer.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10