Christian Bronies of the Reformation 92 members · 227 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I don't really have anything to add onto this video at all, except that I wish the individual who uploaded it would have cut out a couple of the commercials.
It's Supernatural is a good show, you guys might be interested in it.

I would honestly caution against people like Sid Roth and others in the Charismatic Movement and Messianic Judaism/Hebrew Roots. And there's the fact that it's on the Trinity Broadcasting Network (which is known for having people on it with some very unorthodox theology).

Like his whole "soaking prayer" thing. Sounds kind of New Age-y to me.

Definitely an understandable (and appreciated) caution, but this specific episode was recommended to me by a very wise elder at our local church. Which is, admittedly, a rather unorthodox one.
Though that does beg the question: does unorthodox necessarily mean inaccurate? The rise of Christianity itself was extremely unorthodox for the established teachings of the time: focusing more on the relationship between the individual and God, often in direct defiance of the current overly-religious hierarchy which focused more on rules. (The church even making up a lot of their own rules for personal benefit.) Granted, that came with the arrival of Jesus, so there's a clear catalyst for the radical change. But one could use such an example to make the point that what is orthodox isn't always 100% accurate, and that seeking a deeper relationship with God and asking him to help you find your calling is the fundamental principle of the New Testament.

6503085 So, essentially: If you're different than me, it means that you're mind is controlled by an evil spirit.

:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Man, you're not even trying anymore!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5