Christian Bronies of the Reformation 92 members · 227 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So before I graduated high school, my bff made the suggestion to find a good young adults Christian group after high school. I thought it seemed like a pretty good idea too. Now I've graduated and finding that type of thing seems harder than I thought.

The high school I went to has a church attached to it. Like they're a high school and a church. It seems from Facebook that they're planning to set up a sort of Young Adults thing that me and my bff have been searching for. It also seems like something sent from God.

Except for all the problems with it.

First off, my ex friend who I'm pretty sure hates me right now works at the church. If they're setting up a Young Adults thing, he's sure to be in it. If I go there then it'll be hell for him I suppose. Then there's also my parents who hate the church because the school wasn't very nice towards them. So there's that.

Nonetheless, it seems like a good place. And I really want to find a place to help me be a better Christian. I've found a good church that I sort of like, sort of don't but I go when I can which isn't very often. And would going to some sort of youth adult thing at one church and going to a different church although for Sundays even be a good idea? Then there's my issues with this new youth group. Yes, I will pray but hearing people's opinions is good too.

I don't really know what I should do. Somebody, anybody, help me please.

From a distance without being fully aware of everything you didn't say, it really sounds like you have an uncomfortable spot but it's not as terrible as you seem to be taking it. Maybe if you gave more of the story I'd see it differently. Point is, uncomfortable and awkward is never the end of the world. Even when it seems like there's no simple answer.

For dealing with it, just focus on what you have been. Becoming better. Maybe you need to sit down and look up applicable verses, and maybe just a simple pen and paper to list the pros and cons of each option. Sometimes just a relaxing song, preferably without lyrics, will put you in the state of mind you need for the answer to come to you.

Above all, stop and take a deep breath about this specifically. You'll be fine.

5723053 It sounds like this would be a generally good thing for you. I'd look more into it and see what they believe and teach. If it's possible, I'd advise trying to make up with this ex friend of yours.

Then there's also my parents who hate the church because the school wasn't very nice towards them.

Um, does this mean that your parents don't like this group because the school wasn't nice toward the group, or because the school wasn't nice toward your parents? I'm slightly lost here :rainbowhuh: so please forgive me.

5723435 The school was a jerk towards my parents on a certain issue. Now they like neither the church nor the school.

The Young Adults group is Christian as far as religions go. Dunno the denomination though.

Making up with my ex friend isn't going to happen. I'm pretty sure he hates me. And really I deserve it.

5723560 Hmm. Problems indeed. The parent issues might be taken care of with enough reason, but the friend issue is, at least as far as I can see, the bigger problem long term (assuming you can get permission to join the group). Either you'd have to deliberately avoid him while you were there, or... well...

And I would, if I may suggest it, try to find out what denomination the group is part of; it'll give you some measure of information, at least.

I really hope this goes well for you, and that it works out :raritywink:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6