Ferrier Falls 36 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

Ferrier Falls sounds like the name of a place on the world (like a city or town) but not the name of the world itself.

I think a good name for the world would be Animalasia. I would say Furtasia but that is already a furry-based role playing game. :P

Animalasia could be split into a certain amount of continents....maybe 8? And also major islands (maybe 7?) And each of these could have a name.

If anyone has any ideas for the names of the continents or islands, feel free to list them here.

NightLord
Group Admin

Maybe a place for each element, similar to Zootopia. A jungle, for example, where lizard-people would inhabit. A forest for the ponies/horses and other woodland creatures. A savanna area for Kimba.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5505984 I like that idea. Why I went with Ferrier Falls, is all this needs to start with a small settlement that grows, right? That would be Ferrier Falls. IT can grow to other places, but for the time being, I thought that starting out with getting the lore down for one point would help so things could spiderweb out.

Ferrier Falls in't the world, it's the first place Ponies, men, and other creatures start to make their new home.

I like the creativity, though and Animalasia is a unique name. I like it.

5505984 What about Naizianmann land which is where hte Jewisses live :).

One a srs note, I like the name of Animalstia. Maybe have something like Oceanlica for water based cratrues?

5505996 That's a pretty cool idea. I think that each continent would most likely have a lot of different climates on it though because any place near the equator of the world will be hot whereas any place near the poles will be cold (due to science).

So a lot of it depends on how the continents and islands are arranged on the world.

5505997 I am glad that you like the name of Animalasia. ;)

5505998 Yeah, there most likely will be entire kingdoms under the water. The oceans themselves probably have names. It will be interesting to think of the name of the oceans. XD

5506012 Weseacn, Notrsh, Sotuhein, Eastersn

5506018 Ooo I like those names for the oceans.

5506023 Lol really? I typed up random names for North, South, East, West lol. Let me edit those a bit.

Wescean, Ocnorh, Soeacuth, Eaeasn?

5506027 I personally think they sound cool. XD

5506029 Well ok then, we can use those! Maybe make them easier to say/write and make more sense, but along those lines.

5506036 We should definitely make a map of some kind. I think I know of some sites that could help with that.

5506038 Alright. And I do like the idea like Zootopia, but also have a place where they mix together?

5506042 Mix together? What do you mean?

Also, here is a potential map of Animalasia.

5506047 Kinda like the City part of Zootphoia. Hmmm, not sure about that map. Not good or bad, just not sure.

NightLord
Group Admin

This is also a good site for names for locations and such. Not necessarily final names, but it's a good starting point.
http://fantasynamegenerators.com/

5506055 This might be a better version.

I used a fantasy map generator. :P

5506061 That's good to know!

Well if anyone wants to generate a better map, you can make one here: https://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/world/

NightLord
Group Admin

Lol, 'asstone' on the far left side of the map.

Yes, I have the comedic maturity of a 12 year old.

5506078 That's hilarious. :rainbowlaugh:

The map generator spits out funny names sometimes. We could always replace the names generated on the map with our own creations.

Darkscout99
Group Admin

So does this mean we are allowed to write things for this world now?

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506155 nothing is cannon yet. We're just throwing ideas out right now.

5505984 What about a place call AnimalTopia, where only the not satiant animals can go
Prance, Jest like France.

5506012 Dead-Oceans (where all who go there don't come back), The Oceans of the lost treasure, FishTopia, Kingdom-Oceans

5506047 It's jest one big continent !?

5506042 5506055 How about there's a Big Mountain/Open-Field between all the different lands

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5505984 Yes, you are correct that Ferrier Falls is a name of a place. It will be the first place that is inhabited by the species of the Core Canon.

5506009 Interesting idea, but considering a lot of that was hand made in Zootopia (paw made? Animal made?) I'm going to say that's not for Ferrier Falls. Maybe another city down the road, but a normal wooded environment I think would satisfy all creatures just fine, and because there will be a lot of water (a waterfall, duh) the Octoponies could find it livable as well.

5505998 Please no jokes like that.

5506012 Maybe, but let's deal with the dry land stuff first. Core canon is what we need to start out with. What's in the oceans will come a bit after.

5506047 I like it. I think we could use this. Do you have other potential land maps so we can compare?

Good work so far. While I see the potential of calling this Animalasia, I think we can come up with a more creative name. We'll make a small list and vote on it :pinkiehappy: keep the suggestions coming! My thoughts on the land are actually a bit complex, but I'll simplify it the best I can.

It's a pocket dimension of some kind. It opens up once every few years, and that's how so many varied creatures come to Ferrier Falls and start out. This has been going on for a while (but right now we're focusing on Ferreir Falls for core canon) Ferreir Falls would reflect that multi cultural feel. I see it as being a place that would have all the basic needs, so it'd be a wooded area not far, or right next to a waterfall that leads to a nice size lake. They'll probably clear some land not far from the lake for farming, and I bet within ten miles is some kind of quarry or mine.

That's kinda my jumping off point into this.

5506484 i actually have the perfect species for the ocean equinoids, i own it and after a talk with my team, we may move it to this world

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506630 Sorry I didn't see your reply till now. I'm very interested. Tell me more? Or you can PM me.

5510302 i'm still waiting on some of my team to get back to me but i think i'll pm you

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31