ScifiPony's Writer's Training Ground 50 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
scifipony
Group Admin

In Celestial Advice, Twilight is the last one to realize that the situation between her and Starlight Glimmer has changed. Discord has no trouble pointing out that Starlight Glimmer needs to move on from Twilight's friendship lessons to tackle real life friendship lessons, pretty much the same way Princess Celestia did for her. Twilight goes from realizing she is unprepared to imagining catastrophes if Starlight Glimmer is sent out on her own. When Celestia confides that she too suffered the same worries (and she too realized she had to let go), Twilight learns that some times letting go and supervising from afar is the best thing one can do for a student and a friend.

Prompts:

In Princess Celestia's story relating her worries before sending Twilight off to Ponyville, she glances at the moon still imprinted with the image of her sister. What was Celestia really thinking? What was she really hoping for her student?

Pick one of the alternate realities from the episode. Show what would really have happened had Twilight sent Starlight there. End the story with a friendship letter as Twilight did in season one.

In the end, Starlight says she doesn't want to go. But... she decides she must actually go away. Describe Starlight's first friendship adventure with Trixie and Thorax visiting Discord's realm.

Celestia seems very attached to her student, like a mare to her foal. Write about Celestia's struggles to keep their relationship strictly teacher-student, but failing and Twilight being oblivious of the situation.

Extra credit (optional): Put some of the narrative in diary format or letter-to-a-friend form.

Deadline: April 20, 2017

Place your entries in the folder marked “Celestial Advice”. Please, only one entry.

Stories must be appropriately tagged Everyone, Teen, or Mature. Remember, stories tagged Mature are not visible to all readers and will not participate in any contests or after-the-fact lists*. Please also select one or more story categories (like Adventure, Slice of Life, etc.). Because I understand preserving the mystique of a story, you are welcome not to provide tags for the main characters.

Post comments to this thread only. Follow all FicFiction site rules of conduct, and be nice. Read the stories and vote on which you like best (other than your own). If voting becomes a thing, the top five vote-getters will be be appended to the post.

Start writing!

Thanks for the invite to the group. I'm looking forward to doing my entry for Starlight goes to the Dargonlands. :twilightsmile:

5907084 I'm too late, aren't I?

scifipony
Group Admin

5913953 For official entries, that would be until the end of the day on the 20th. So, no, you aren't too late to submit at the point I am writing this. 'Cause it's a new group, you may be the first to submit. If you had a problem submitting, please ask.

5913953 If you don't finish I'd still like to read what you write. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5