The Legend of Everfree Fan Group 120 members · 122 stories
Comments ( 112 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 112
TwilightAppleDash
Group Admin

Talk some more tomorrow

NicLove
Group Admin

5389839 Do you know what a Harpy and Nymph are ?

Z-blade Gracin
Group Admin

Yes. However, I don't know how they play their part in the story. Perhaps they aid the heroes in defeating Tartarus somehow but I'm still developing that part.

Z-blade Gracin
Group Admin

Oh and the Harpies could also be some kind of bodyguards for Tartarus. Possibly. Like I said, still developing. :twilightsmile:

NicLove
Group Admin

5389855 ok.

p.s. Do you need some help to make the groups different ?

Z-blade Gracin
Group Admin

No I think I've got it. I am open to ideas, though.

Like I said, I've got it planned out where this thing is going to go. But that doesn't mean that I'm not open to ideas that I can incorporate into the story somehow. :twilightsmile:

NicLove
Group Admin

5389863 like... the Buffalo, bing very close to their spirit-animal...

Z-blade Gracin
Group Admin

Either in a major way or in a minor way, creatures will play a part in the prologue story. Don't worry about that. :twilightsmile:

NicLove
Group Admin

5389878 Can the Harpies be the some what guards ?

Z-blade Gracin
Group Admin

Yes they can. They can be Tartarus' bodyguards or something like that.

I think we should continue this in a later thread down the road. That way, the others can give feedback as well.

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

5389887 Yeah. This one's getting long.

5388648 I'm in. I'm sad to see when the show ends ,but when it does maybe we could make a little more teen mlp. I'm just saying. I'd love to see the show handle more mature things like LGBT, more harsh bullying and things like that. I'm not trying to derail this forum ,but I'm just saying.

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

5390068 Yeah, mix it up a bit.

TwilightAppleDash
Group Admin

No, your not derailing anything. We're just throwing ideas out there at the moment. Your most welcome to continue doing so!

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

5390919 Though we'll probably have to water down the script a bit before presenting it to Hasbro for suggestions. It is supposed to be a "for kids" show... (Although Hasbro already has the show leaning on the questionably child-friendly side of things.)

Shadowboltwriter
Group Admin

I like this entire thing, preserving the show after it ends (although I doubt hasbro has plans to stop it anytime soon.) and you've got some cool ideas too. I down with all this:twilightsmile:

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

5393587 Yeah. Right now its all just planning and wishful thinking. :twilightsmile:

TwilightAppleDash
Group Admin

We could either look at our own series, or making our OC story into a short film. Either way we would need to write a letter to Hasbro, maybe with a little trailer put together or something? We write to Lauren Faust herself, or the vocie casters of FIM and various animators on tips and tricks for putting forward a presentable idea to Hasbro, hopefully persuading them to either back us, or give us permission to continue.

NicLove
Group Admin

(Although Hasbro already has the show leaning on the questionably child-friendly side of things.)

Like what ?

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

5394516 We have to keep to a certain age limit on the material.

NicLove
Group Admin

5394613 Liiike... ?

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

5394616 To get approved, we'll have to remove swearing, suggestive themes, and things in the upper teen-rated stuff.

NicLove
Group Admin

5394618 ok. but That's not what I asked 5394516

NicLove
Group Admin

5394658 5391636

(Although Hasbro already has the show leaning on the questionably child-friendly side of things.)

Like what ?

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

5394663 Demonic overlords crawling from the depths of Tartarus, intent on stealing what's practically the life energy from his victims.

What I mean is, Tirek.

And don't get me started on lesson zero. All sorts of insanity there for nightmare fuel.

NicLove
Group Admin

5394682 Is that all ?

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

5394685 No. There's several things scattered about the series that typically wouldn't count as "child friendly".

Oh yeah, and don't forget Sombra and his slaves. Who knew that would be in a kids show?

Z-blade Gracin
Group Admin

Ya know, I've had this idea that came to mind and I KNOW that the fandom is going to go on an all-out raid on me when I say this, but...

what if Flurry Heart was the protagonist in the next generation series. Think about it. Flurry Heart could be an interesting character. She's an alicorn already and she's born into a privileged family. What if she begins to wonder if her status as an alicorn and as a next-in-line princess of the Crystal Empire is what defines her. That could make an interesting dynamic for the show -- does status or power define you as a character.

NicLove
Group Admin

5396421 That makes me think of the story line that I have fo my O.C. FlashTruth

TwilightAppleDash
Group Admin

A power hungry-Alicorn youth, with untapped powers?............Hmmmm, I like where this is going. *strokes beard reflectively* Tell me more.

Z-blade Gracin
Group Admin

I posted a google doc about my ideas for the new generation MLP. It's in the "A New MLP Franchise and Our Story" thread. It's unfinished, though, but you may have a look at what I've written down so far.

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

I'm thinking that we could go with a "double episode" design. Two new episodes each week, one for kids, and one for the fandom. We could take the script for the fandom and clip out certain parts to make it more child-friendly while still keeping to the canon plot.

Z-blade Gracin
Group Admin

My only concern is that if we make this series more "Fandom appropriate", it could take away the Elements of MLP that made it great in the first place -- the innocence, the simplicity. I'm afraid that we might take that away if we made it more directed towards the fans instead of towards what MLP was originally designed for.

Z-blade Gracin
Group Admin

How about we talk with one of the analysts of the Brony community about our proposed story when we are finished with the concepts? DrWolf, perhaps?

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

5399509 I known I mean that there's a official series, and an unofficial YouTube series that goes more in-depth with the plot and stuff. And maybe have more adventurous episodes as well.

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

5399539 Maybe. But I don't know how to contact them.

Z-blade Gracin
Group Admin

I see. Okay, that sounds good to me. :twilightsmile:

Z-blade Gracin
Group Admin

I can contact DrWolf. It depends if he's busy or not but I can contact him about this.

NicLove
Group Admin

5398619 I can't copy, past it in my word reader, can't you please let me ?

5399452 Or we can do what Hasbro is planing, 2 shows, (friendship is magic) and (warriors of equestria)

TwilightAppleDash
Group Admin

Your ideas are good, however, from looking at the first episode we may need to approach both Hasbro and some of the voice casters for the mane 6. It will be difficult, but I think it's possible.

So for the back story, will you have Starswirl narrarate the story?

TwilightAppleDash
Group Admin

5390068 The biggest problem I forsee is actually getting Hasbro to back this. We will need someone good with words to type up a letter, and we should make a minitrailer for the first episode to send with the letter. I know I keep repeating this, but it is very important. While we are all putting together this trailer, some of us should also look at putting the letter together.

Z-blade Gracin
Group Admin

The way I see it, we need to present this series as a "spin-off" to MLP FiM. If we say that this is going to be an actual Generation 5 thing, Hasbro's going to immediately say, "Oh, no, we're not going to let some fans write something that's supposed to be cannon." They might accept this if we don't claim it as "cannon".

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 112