The Authors' Cafe 226 members · 1,751 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

So, I'm making writing a story about an OC I created but I am having some issues. I created the design but I just can't think of a name or a special talent for her. Any ideas?

Well, what do they look like?

I'll help :pinkiehappy:!

Well, the name would be easier with the talent so... onto that first.

Perhaps you could use one of your own hobbies. It would tie you closer to the character therefore make it easier to write about from your own experiences and help you delve deeper into what it actually is.

Basically, what are your hobbies :rainbowhuh:?

5382242 its just my avatar picture

5382248 I don't really have any hobbies. Most of my free time is spent on video games, studying math, or just playing with different types of electronics. My original idea was kind of a joke. The name was silver sol, sol is a latin word so the name basically meant Silver sun.(Plus it is like my username so yeah.)

I was asking this because this is going to be my first story on this site and my first story about ponies.

5382262 Well, how I came up with Eclsipe's name is based on her cuite mark, which is an Eclsiped Moon. So, based on that, you could do Black Cross as a name.

As for a talent, what kind of things interest you, or what do you like in video games?

Sparkletop Rainbows
Group Admin

Maybe your cutie mark could be playing video games, if you'd like that. And as for the name, I've come up with a few: Silver Gadget, Electro Chip, or Silver Lining. A few suggestions you could use.

5382533 Thanks, that is really helpful.

Sparkletop Rainbows
Group Admin

Thanks! And maybe if she's nervous, she can be shy around others as personality trait.

5382919 well Silver Lining would make it easy to pick her talent.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12