The Authors' Cafe 226 members · 1,751 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Greetings Everypony! I've been at work on a title I call "Ethereal", a surreal story that focuses upon a Griffin only known as "The One". The story follows a narrative poem format and is approximately 1.100 words. It would be nice for someone to proofread the story and maybe edit it a little bit. I know the story needs a little work on it but it would be nice for someone to take a look at it.

Link to the story can be found here

Good story: the only error I saw was the Its and it's.
Examples/References:

It's not easy- Right. Its not easy- Wrong.

Stretching it's wings- Wrong. Stretching its wings- Right.

Looks good otherwise. :twilightsmile:

5370191 thanks for providing clear feedback it is greatly appreciated

No problem. I'm glad I could help! :twilightsmile:

I'll help ya out. Be lucky you've only got to proofread 1,100 words... this monster of a story I've been working on is at 113,000 right now :<

Alright... just finished reading this, and I must say this was wonderful. I don't think I've read something like this, ever. You did a perfect job of keeping things very obscure yet clear; it was easy to tell exactly what was going on.

I'll have to say the same thing as Amethyst, work on your apostrophes. EX: With eye's of hope and realized that no matter what

If you use chrome as your browser, I HIGHLY recommend you download the Grammarly plugin: https://www.grammarly.com/ (not sponsored by Grammarly). I use it for my writing and it will catch probably 80 percent of your errors.

Sparkletop Rainbows
Group Admin

I liked the details and description you put in there. But perhaps you could've given the characters a little more thought, like how they felt or how their surroundings affected them.

But that's the beauty of the poem. You're left to interpret that. I give you the tools and you make something out of them

Sparkletop Rainbows
Group Admin

Well you could've at least say how they feel. I think that would give them more depth.

This poem was built to be highly interpretive.

Just installed it and it really helped me out, a lot, thank you so much. I've not been the best with grammar :twilightblush:

Thank you all so much for your feedback. I'll make sure to include you all as proofreaders and editors :pinkiehappy:

5370569 No one is. It's like... the hardest thing about writing.

*Clicks link*

Poetry! :pinkiegasp:
#2deep4me

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15