The Shipshelf 35 members · 85 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Mellow Mirth
Group Admin

What's your favorite ship and why?
Mine has to be Vinyl x Octavia. The dynamic between them is so unlike any other ship. They click well with many situations, making them a great ship to put to many different story telling purposes. They can be a bit predictable at times, but in my opinion the shenanigans that usually go down in fics with them as the main characters make up for that setback.

There are so many that I love, it's almost hard to choose. Or it would be, if the answer wasn't a very obvious TwiShySet :yay: I definitely have a thing for poly ships (being a polyamorist myself), and my three favorite characters are easily Twilight, Fluttershy, and Sunset. The dynamics of the ship are very interesting to me. I'm rather against the 'opposites attract' idea, and Twilight pairs exceptionally well with Fluttershy (both are lovers of life's quite moments and in general display a good deal of compatibility) and Sunset (both are huge freaking nerds). Meanwhile, Sunset and Fluttershy are a bit more of an odd couple, but can work well together for a lot of the same reasons Twishy can.

Outside of poly shipping, my otp will always be Twishy for personal reasons (in addition to the comparability I mentioned). I relate most strongly with Twilight, while my girlfriend relates most strongly with Fluttershy.

Octiscratch if always nice :scootangel: I tend to ship the main characters and side characters with more established personality. Background characters are cool too, but my head swims with ideas for characters that I'm more familiar with from the show :twilightsheepish:

DeshLune
Group Admin

Hehehe... I've got such a nice list... Oc's included my favorites come down to about three.
-Meep of Amber and Minuete/Colgate
-Twilight and Rainbow Dash
-Vinyl and Octavia

Meep of Amber a Changeling from Meep the Changeling's stories she is hilarious, and such a ling that no other ling can replace her. Together they make such a fun relationship together.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash are because of a single story. I can't look at those two in a different light anymore.

Vinyl and Octavia are just a sensible relationship, though I didn't fully ship them until Meep's stories... so pattern?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3