Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
doomie-22
Group Contributor

https://twitter.com/MrVectorMV/status/1670973449718706177

While I don't necessarily agree with everything this guy said, he does indeed bring up some excellent points. What are your thoughts on this?

BatwingCandlewaxxe
Group Contributor

Well, for starters, his claim that the show was never intended to have long-form storylines is fundamentally untrue. Lauren Faust's original plan was supposed to be a mix of episodic slice-of-life stories and longer-form adventure stories. The arcs that show up in later seasons were closer to her original vision for the show before the Hasbro execs decided to axe the adventures and focus on slide-of-life.

Most of the rest of his commentary is a lot of subjective judgement I don't necessarily agree with. He's not wrong about the lack of continuity, especially in the early seasons. Accurate continuity wasn't a big concern according to the show staff, particularly for the Hasbo execs who were more concerned about selling toys, and the show runners who were more concerned about telling fun stories.

doomie-22
Group Contributor

before the Hasbro execs decided to axe the adventures and focus on slide-of-life.

From what I've heard, that was actually Lauren Faust's idea due to slice of life stories being easier to write and produce.

Accurate continuity wasn't a big concern according to the show staff, particularly for the Hasbo execs who were more concerned about selling toys

This is primarily one of the reasons why so many people detest the later seasons.

BatwingCandlewaxxe
Group Contributor

I'm going by what she actually said on Twitter, interviews, and IIRC she also mentioned it in the big art book.

NicLove
Group Admin

What does this have to do with Asperger ?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5