Pagans of Equestria 20 members · 55 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Say, a portal linked our world to Equestria. Some Ponies moved to Earth, some Humans moved to Equestria. And eventuality, a Pony marries a Human. I'm curious: How would you folks feel about that? Do you think it would be right or wrong?

To be clear: I'm not asking about the real-world sexualization of fictional Ponies (such as so-called "clopfics"). I'm asking about a hypothetical situation, where Ponies and Humans are both real, and both living on Earth.

...What does this have to do with Paganism?

Remember the gay marriage debate, and how religion is kind of a big thing in that debate? That's what this has to do with religion.

The same discussion was held in a Christian group.
I'm guessing either the OP wants to compare reactions, or simply see what bubbles out if it turns out that there's drama to stir.

It has nothing to do with Paganism, as far as I can tell. This feels more like a topic for more politically charged groups, or for groups promently featuring fics with that sort of content.

But since I'm already here:
It wouldn't affect me personally. I suppose speaking hypothetically If my son stood up and told me that he was engaged to a sentient equine, the most upset I'd be is with myself if it was a big secret that he felt he couldn't tell me until he had no choice.
I wouldn't divorce my wife over the possibility of marrying a Pony; so I see no real reason to weigh in on this.

Talking horses don’t exist, so humans can’t marry them. I have no opinion because it is impossible.

Let's look at the handy "Can You Fuck It?" chart.

"Does it have Human Intelligence (or greater)?"

So if I marry a woman who's IQ is below the Human average, say 80 or 70: That's bestiality?

They're sapient aliens. You could technically marry them if they were real.

It could be rape if they're not intellectually capable of consent.

So if your IQ is low enough: You're never allowed to have sex, ever. That's a pretty mean thing to do to people with low IQs, if you ask me.

I'm talking about retardation levels here. And if it's like two mentally handicapped folks I guess it's okay.

So if you're retarded, you're only allowed to have sex with other retarded people. Better then banning them from sex altogether, but that's still being pretty controlling. I know I wouldn't be happy, if someone tried to control me like that.

Plus IQ is a measure of intelligence. And intelligence is not the same thing as wisdom. I think low wisdom is more likely to get you into trouble, when it comes to sex and romance, then low intelligence.

People with severe intellectual disabilities are not capable of giving informed consent. The same would go for people who experience delusions or any kind of psychosis that would interfere with being able to make rational, realistic choices. That’s not being mean, it’s knowing that rape is bad. IQ tests are biased and iffy systems that really only serve as a way to gauge cognitive skills and assess if strong disabilities are present. The range of intelligence you’re talking about targeting are those of people who would be considered to have mental retardation and in need of living assistance and caretakers. They would be incapable of consent.

It’s not the job of a group centered around discussion of pagan faith topics to explain why it’s illegal to fuck you.

There's a difference between knowing that rape is bad, and banning someone from ever having sex.

Retards have the mind of a child. A child cannot consent under any circumstances. Therefore, someone who has the mind of a child cannot consent. It’s really simple.

I see your point. You've seen me speak out against "foalcon". So I agree: If an adult even finds children sexually attractive (let alone actuality has sex with them), that is wrong! But to say that "Retards have the mind of a child" is a simplification. There's more to being an adult then just intelligence, children are not simply unintelligent adults. Low intelligence may make an adult child-like, in a lot of ways. But there are differences between an adult and a child, beyond mere intelligence.

And here's one of the differences: Adults (regardless of intelligence level) have romantic and sexual needs that children don't. To ban an adult from ever having sex, that's cruel! That is not protecting him, that's abusing him.

Stop trying to downplay rape and go take your gross fixation on sexualizing disabled people and children elsewhere.

Legally and morally, Ice Star and Hellblazer are correct. As a mentally handicapped person can not do informed consent, having sex with one is regarded as rape. It's like a sober person having sex with someone who's been incapacitated by drugs or alcohol.

There's a big difference between being incapacitated by drugs/alcohol and being retarded: One is a temporary condition, the other is not. Asking someone to refrain from sex for a day is one thing. Asking someone to refrain from sex for life, or to heavily restrict his dating pool, is asking a lot more! Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "informed consent".

Anyway: At least you're not trying to ban them from having sex altogither (unless you've changed your mind on that). Mind you: I suppose I'm thinking of someone who's slow, maybe needs some help, but is still capable of communicating his wishes. If we're taking about someone who, say, can't talk: Things get thornier!

If we're going to let retarded people have sex with each-other, then there's only one benefit I see in not letting them have sex with non-retarded people: There is the risk that a non-retarded person could abuse the retarded person, and get away with it. That's always a risk when it comes to sex and romance. But someone with very low intelligence (or very low wisdom, for that matter) would be especially venerable to that!

Alright, I'm going to have to lock this thread. It is way off-topic.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20