Pagans of Equestria 20 members · 55 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

To my mind, a God is a Power existing within the Universe and manifesting as some physical phenomenon (sun, earth, sky, moon, etc.) or a cocept (love, inspiration, etc.) or both.

I'll certainly agree with Divinity being a corporeal (or incorporeal) manifestation of a concept(s) or miracle of the physical Universe.

Which fits as a fair number of polytheistic deities are, in part, incarnations of concepts

Is Brigid the physical sun and flame or is She the flame of wisdom and inspiration or all of the above?

Wasn't she also a goddess of healing/protection, later Christianized as a Saint?

Hmm, I think Her association with healing came from her association with hot springs. Fire and water, Goddess by birth, but wed to a Fomorian (Giant) . Goddess and Saint. The one who reconciles all opposites? But we'd be here for one-thousand years before we sorted that all out.

True. Speaking of, a lot of early Christians made gods into Saints to help Christianize worshippers. Well, and or made them out to be demons/clever mortals people thought were gods

A miserable pile of secrets! Now have at you!

I tend to take the idea of divine as a being that is so incomprehensable to mortal minds that even trying to figure them out will drive anyone insane. What they do is not meant to make sense to mortal minds.

I only use one "goddess" in my stories. The one who rules the multiverse all my stories take place in. I've had tons of comments from people trying to understand why she does what she does when she shows up.

But the whole point is that none of what she does is supposed to make sense to anyone but her. That's how I look at it at least.

I'm glad someone said it :scootangel:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10