The Equestrian Parliament 155 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Moonraker
Group Admin

This is the thread for open discussion among members about anything at all. Other then Da Rules you are free to post whatever you please.

Feel like being political so here goes.

Equestrian Space Program Bill:

With the advancements that have been made in the recent fields of astronomy and aviation, I propose that a joint space program be created between all parties and nations. This will not only facilitate party diplomacy, but national diplomacy as well. Efforts for the space program will be used solely for scientific means. Any nation caught using the program for military means;(weapons development, spy satellites, and or weapons platforms); will be barred from the program and sanctions will be placed on her aeronautic agencies and industries. This program will provide a great opportunity to enjoy better planet wide relations. Missions would be sent to the Moon(with Princess Luna's support of course) and neighboring planets and moons. I believe that this program will of great benefit, not only to Equestria, but of all planet side nations.

5197742 An international space program sounds like a massive undertaking, i would support such a program in the hopes it would further global cooperation.

I would not be opposed to such a program. I am sure that Princess Luna will not mind, as long as we stick to the scientific focus and keep the moon as clean as it is currently.

I propose a more practical solution, based solely on the expenses of the professionals and materials that would follow the bill. Perhaps Princess Luna, whose section of Canterlot Castle I provide to, would be able to find out how to contact the Nyx, whom, as you know, she encountered during her exile as Nightmare Moon. As they inhabit the moon as is, maybe they would be able to provide further insight on the matter, and we could set up base there.

5197628 I'd like to establish what issues are happening in the nation at current. Are there any bills that need voting on, any legal cases that need to be judged by the federal court, or any problematic events that the government must respond to? Because to be frank, it doesn't seem like there's much going on at the moment.
If this keeps up, the group is likely going to die out really quickly.

5197742 Before we start something that includes all nations, we would first need to establish our nation's own space program. I would like to bring up the matter of funding before this gets too far. The first thing we need to know: where's the money coming from?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7