The Equestrian Parliament 155 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

There seems to be a crime outbreak as of late, and a certain investigative team is too incompetent to stop it. Since this has happened, we've got an even BIGGER problem! Reports have came in saying that the Canterlot Dungeon has experienced over 9,000 breakouts in the past month.

Ergo, I motion that a police force be established for all of Equestria and its citizens. The Royal Guard, or Royal Army, can only handle so much. Plus, since the crime rate is high, Equestria's citizens can provide their assistance in any way possible.

If possible, I'd like to recommend that the only low ranks are Officer and Patrolman. Once at the rank of Detective, they have their own office. The other ranks will be as follows: Detective Sergeant, Detective Corporal, Detective Lieutenant, Detective Captain, Detective Commander, Detective Deputy Chief, Detective Chief, Detective Deputy Commissioner, and Detective Commissioner.

I'd also like to recommend that the police force be named the Equestria Police, since all of Equestria will be protected, no matter what species. The tactical unit should be named the Strategic Response Unit, since they're the only unit within the Equestria Police to use strategy and deal with situations only they can resolve.

I ask all party members, including the Speaker of the House, take this into consideration.

Thank you for your time.

For a start i would prefer for the police service to be named the special tasks group or STG to avoid alianating non Pony citizens and second i would ask the Right Honorable Members of this Parliament to have a frank debate on puting an end to indefinite detention.
The Tartarus facility has proven incapable containing great threats to the nation and many feel the safety of the state would benefit from reforming lawbreakers rather than throwing them in a fiery hole, hoping they don't breakout thousands of years later!

5190138 If you want a task force, how about a joint task force between the Royal Army and the Equestria Police called the Aggressive Crime Enforcement (ACE) unit? The reason I want it to be called the Equestria Police is because all of Equestria will benefit from it. Also, aren't the Griffon Kingdom, Saddle Arabia, Maretonia, and the Changeling Empire part of Equestria? So, why should the name change when I said ALL of Equestria will benefit from this? Kinda pointless, isn't it. Plus, to try to reform at risk teens, a "Scared Straight" program could be established. The ACE Unit could coordinate it as part of what they do. There's other units, of course. Special Victims, Major Crimes, Internal Affairs, the before mentioned Strategic Response, and the Gang Unit. Now, I ask you, is there still doubt about this? I agree with you on the fact that they should put an end to indefinite detention, but I think they need to look at their budget to see if they have the funds to build a detention center in the cities of Equestria and build a maximum security prison in an empty lot somewhere in Equestria. For more information on what the Equestria Police might do, send me a PM.

I approve of Right Honorable Member Nostalgia's suggestion of a joint task force between the Royal Army and the Equestria Police Service.
In my humble opinion the should be a renewed focus on the reformation of lawbreakers within the judiciary and as to the concerns over how to fund new detention centers we would have to consult with the National Treasury, surely they are areas that could benefit from a trim in funding?

5190528 I object to a JTF. I propose we pass a Posse Comitatus Act.

5190923 [youtube=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W8QRExBfQhs] I object to your objection. A joint task force will ensure that the Royal Army still has law enforcement authority in Equestria. There are certain members of the Royal Army who are experienced in searching for illegal substances. The ACE Unit will be responsible for finding those substances, as well as hunting down fugitives. Before you say anything, I object to your objection to me objecting your objection. If we pass an act like that, it will basically say that all members of the Royal Army and the Equestria Police have diplomatic immunity. There's an Internal Affairs Unit for a reason, you know.

Comment posted by Bry7x7x deleted Apr 28th, 2016

5190997 Friends, countryponies, equestrians, lend me your ears!

When in the course of events it becomes necessary to take a strong stand on an issue, one must enumerate why one has taken such a stand. Let us consider the proposal. Nostalgia-Cop has proposed a joint task force between the army and the police force. Upon first discussion, a reasonable solution to the crime plaguing our fair kingdom. But let us consider:
1. We established the army to protect us from foreign threats. While the current crime wave does pose a threat to our fair citizens, it is outside the established jurisdiction of the army.
2. The army is not trained for law enforcement. Peacekeeping operations yes, but peacekeeping operations in foreign lands.
3. The army has proven itself in defense of this land. It is trained to wage the full range of military operations to protect us. Such actions require certain skills that, while effective on the battlefield, would be undesirable among our citizenry.
4. We have seen how other kingdoms employ their military forces in domestic affairs. In such cases, the use of military power has engendered distrust between the citizens and the military and, by extension, the government in general.
Let us also consider:
5. We established our police force to enforce the law and ensure domestic tranquility. Dealing with criminals and organized crime is the very reason why it was established.
6. Combating crime, pony trafficking, drug smuggling, and domestic terrorism is within the jurisdiction of the police force, not the army.
7. The police force is able to conduct the soft skills necessary to deal with a civilian population.
8. The police force has not been provided the resources be it horsepower, material, or training to effectively prosecute its mission.
9. A Joint task force would create an additional layer of bureaucracy in our law enforcement, not to mention distracting our army from its core mission.

We must affirm the trust our police forces have vested in us and provide them the resources they need to carry out their mission! We must table the motion to institute a joint task force!

5191096 Is it not the duty of Royal Army to combat terrorism?

5191111 I grant you that combatting foreign terrorism in foreign lands is a duty of the army, but not domestic terrorism in our lands.

I approve of your movement, but I beg that the police not be heavily armed. Other nations enjoy effective law enforcement without their officers of the law being armed to the teeth.

As mentioned before, the Royal Army may be used as an instrument to quell unrest; we do not require the Law Enforcement bureaus to be paramilitary units.

5191703 Agreed, the military acting as a police (service) would be a step to far but surely we can come to an agreement in which the non-lethal assets of the Royal Army could open to the Police Service?

5191703 The only unit that will be allowed to carry advanced weapons will be the Strategic Response Unit. If something goes wrong in Equestria, the SRU will respond. The primary office should be in Ponyville with the secondary office being in Canterlot. I admit that the Royal Army deals with enemies in foreign lands, but when they take the oath of service, they say to protect Equestria from enemies foreign and domestic. Wouldn't it be pointless to have the Equestria Police focus on domestic terrorism when we could give the Royal Army a National Guard to help with preventing domestic terrorism?

5189865 Would each party have their own police force?

Inactive1
Group Admin

I propose recruiting dragons from your Dragontown in Manehatten. We resistant to magic, powerful fliers and very strong as our jaws are capable of crushing diamonds. Not to mention of our long lifespan compared to ponies, as dragons will be in their position a lot longer than a pony normally would.

5193902 There's a reason it's called the Equestria Police. All of Equestria will benefit from it. The Royal Guard can protect the Parliament while the Equestria Police protects it's citizens. Plus, there's another reason why the ACE Unit should be formed. According to the Section 4,267-G in the Equestria Police Code of Ethics, which is a prototype copy, "any citizen of Equestria, no matter the species, gender, or race, can apply to join the Equestria Police and go through the Academy to determine if they're strong enough to do so." This will make sure that speciesism, racism, and sexism is not permitted. Plus, it will put Equestria in good terms with the Dragonlands.

I think your numbers are overblown but in all honesty, I believe that equestria needs a police force. I place my claw (paw?) in for this proposal to be passed. But modifications will be necessary so that the police force doesn't have too much power.

5194266 This is why there's an Internal Affairs Unit.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18