Writer Support 254 members · 942 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

My writer's block has been really getting on my case lately. It seems no matter what I write it all just looks and sounds the same to me whenever I read it aloud. I write my stories, post them, and people seem to like them. But I look back at my fics and I feel like they're lacking something. I'm not sure if it's in grammar, story, character or just a simple wording of a sentence. Or maybe I'm just doubting myself a lot lately, It's a possibility.

I've been looking back at my current and most popular fic, "The Four Foxes," and a lot of what I wrote sounds lacking to me. I'm glad other users are liking my story, but I feel like I'm not giving it my best whenever I write my chapters like I could do better. Every time I proofread my fic, it always sounds flat to me. I don't know if it's just me or what but I feel like I've lost my touch. Or in the process of losing it.

Do you think you could take a quick read of my fic and tell me what you think so far? It's right here if anybody is interested.

I just want to know if it sounds or feels flat or bland in any way if the canon characters are all in character and how the OCs are so far. For those of you who are interested, the fic centers around a small family of fox spirits known as Kitsunes who have found their way into Equestria after losing their home, and the fic follows each of the fox siblings as they try and cope with their new home and make friends. It's a very slice of life and characterization type story.

So if you're interested in helping out, check out what I have so far and let me know what could be improved. Thanks a lot!

I feel you brother

6497266 Does it feel different when you read your old stories?

From what I know about your writing, your focus is always on the characters. The plot comes second. I see this as one possible source of your problems.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3