The Witching Hour 176 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Okay everyone I just got done reading a fascinating story about Twilight as a Sphinx. She was not the only pony hybrid in this story however. The story The Sphinx's Riddle includes a kirin Rainbow Dash as well. Now this got me to thinking not only about kirins of course but the myriad of other creature that we could have share their world as well.

Ink has already given us a small window into the kind of world that is contianed within the Witchingverse and I am really intrigued by it all and have often wondered what other kinds of creatures we could see in this type of setting. What I am thinking is that maybe as a group we can work with Ink and each other to fill out this world and bring each of our own stories including these new creatures in this well built setting to bring more unique stories like the Witching Hour stories.

That's pretty much it from me at the moment you guys. I do think that this really shows just how open the possibilities can be and I think it's well worth discussing. So let's talk about it and see what we come up with.

Chaotic Ink
Group Admin

Planed creatures for the Witchingverse already, just to start folks off:
Sphinxes
Harpies
Owl Harpies
Ghouls
Moth Ponies
Perytons
Zburators (bat-wolf creatures; still up in the air about them)
I'd love to hear any other creature ideas

Nice, I need to note that Twilight is actually half sphinx in this story. Anyway I do really like the number of new creatures you're adding Ink. I wish I had more than just seeing how Midnight would interact with human in my head. :derpytongue2: though the discussion we've already had about little Ember and how she is part human makes me wonder if I should try to move that story into the Witchingverse.

We can talk about that more later though. Oh also I have a name for another new kirin of my own. Her name is Sapphire Dream and so far she is Rarity's daughter. I have no ideas on the dragon that was involved yet though.

Actually one thing I'd really like to add myself is the traditional half dragon. A human/dragon hybrid. Seeing one of these interact with the other creatures you've given us so far, the kirin in particular could make for some very interesting storytelling.

Chaotic Ink
Group Admin

Mind you the list is just of the sapient races I'm planning to add. I'm also thinking of dipping into SyFy's original monsters pool and picking out a few I could use as one-chapter antagonists. One of those I'm seriously considering is the Super Gator, minus the apparent black hole that is most SyFy monsters' stomachs.

Yeah, there are a lot of potential creatures to use alright. Also this

Perytons

is not something I've even thought about since the last time I opened up my second edition Dungeons and Dragons monster manual. I'm curious to see you'll use a creature with the head of a dear and the body of a bird of prey. I'm also considering using Hippogrifs myself.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5